No announcement yet.

ot: 2016 Focus RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks cool. Sort of like what Subaru used to make before they became a different brand of Toyota.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ford is doing everything right in recent years. Have any of you guys heard the new Mustang GT's? They sound outstanding stock. One got on the freeway at the same time as me yesterday and he must have been running straight pipes from the cats. That. Noise. Ferocious!

I've been waiting to hear about the RS. Everything about this car makes me think it will be one of the best cars you can buy. It will cost a premium, but in it's price range I'm sure it will still be a winner.

I'm sure an RS will be more than I care to spend as amazing as it looks, hell I still want a 2014 Fiesta ST to be my next "new" car.
      Last edited by DEV0 E30; 02-04-2015, 08:22 AM.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

At least working at Ford keeps getting better and better. Wonder what deal I could get on this bad girl.

Originally posted by blunttech
        Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
          Wonder what deal I could get on this bad girl.
          Probably none. They never discount or do deals on hot, limited, new cars. You might be able to snag a good deal on an ST though, since it's now 2nd fiddle.

Comment

This with the inevitable stage 3 kit and some fifteen52's will make a great daily. Hmmmm...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I am definitely going to buy this when I manage to get a better paying job. This car look like too much fun! From what I've read, it seems like the AWD is similar to the SH-AWD in Acura. It allows up to 100% of power sent to one wheel and 70% to the rear wheels. SH-AWD is pretty awesome so I would think without a doubt the Focus RS will be tight!

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
              Originally posted by scabzzzz
              I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
              1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
              2002 325i - DD
              2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Ya they haven't released a ton of detail on the AWD system yet, but it does allow up to 100% to go to a single wheel and I believe it even uses a mechanical-type center and/or rear diff, al la the STi. Much better than those 100% electric systems IMO.

Comment

Yea props to Ford for actually listening/building what the customer wants. Hopefully the competition will take notice and fucking step up.

Comment

Hope the interior is not cheesie and cheap. Put it into a special group of dealer network with other special build cars and it will sell.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Ford knows how to build a hot hatch. Glad to see them take a stab at the EVO/STI market.
                      91 318is M50 swapped
                      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

This thing looks prett sweet and sounds great on paper but I hope they don't overdo it with the integrated touchscreen and media center. It would be great if they made this have a more simplistic entertainment system to keep with the rally and driver spirit
                        1988 325iX - sold but not forgotten
                        1984 MTech1 323i

Comment

For the dollar amount it is going to come in at, it will need to have sat nav/media concoction.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Imma jump and get those seats for my e30
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ravenlord89 View Post
                              Ford has gone completely bonkers.

Twin Turbo V6 Ford GT
                              Aluminum F150
                              A Turbo V6 Raptor
                              The FiST and FoST
                              2.3L Turbo 4cyl MUSTANG
                              Independent rear mustang
                              A FLAT PLANE CRANK V8 GT350

And now they release a 320hp, bespoke 6 speed manual mechanical AWD transmission 5 door hatchback.
                              Guess the billions in bailout money are finally going into the right places :)

in reality this only sounds impressive because it's coming from Ford.
                              Hopefully they'll do away with leaf springs and drum brakes soon too!!

Imagine what BMW or VW would do with several hundred billions dollars..
                              we'd probably have some turbojet hybrid that can fly

Comment

^

Ford did not take US bail out. that was GM and Chrysler.......

They did take out piles of loans prior to that, and were rebounding from a near bankruptcy 2 year before to big to fail happened..... All that said the European unit did get a lot of help from the gemany though

If they were going to make this in something other than a hatch I would be all over this and I am staunchly not a ford guy... Nor a hatch guy but it is interesting...
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X