Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Enthusiast Auto Group Retarded? R3V's thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Enthusiast Auto Group Retarded? R3V's thoughts...

Okay so even though I have an 89 IS I'm perfectly happy with; I always look through the classifieds for fun. We're car people... this is what we do! And I always see Enthusiast Auto post cars for sale on Cars.com for ridiculous prices and sometimes the cars aren't even advertised correctly. It really pisses me off that they are driving the price inflation up on our cars, and convincing the average citizen a regular m3 is worth more than 100k. I'm not wrong right? I know they are low milage cars, but come on. The second ad isn't even an M3! It's an s14 in a late model! Let me know what you guys think... here are a few of their ads for your viewing pleasure:

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1424633876524.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	7242464

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1424633930077.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	7242466
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HersheySquirts; 02-22-2015, 12:47 PM.

S14 late model is a 320is, aka Italian/Portugese M3, quite rare.

EAG caters to a different clientele than DIY R3v. If you want a perfect car and you spend all your time working, you can get a guaranteed mint condition car with a couple of phone calls. Certainly worth it to some people.
    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
    A Topless Memorandum

Comment

I didn't even consider that it could be an 320is. You may be right in that regard. I'm still confused on there pricing model though, it's a 528e for god sake. I guess I'm just sad that the cars we love are becoming very expensive. I guess this is the cheap me talking haha. I'm more of a DIYer/project guy.

Comment

That 528e is a low mileage example, and probably completely immaculate. They're always going to command a premium over your average used e28.

Comment

I recently had the chance to check out a 318is with approx. 63k original miles. The buyer paid top dollar for it, and it was indeed one of the cleanest original examples I have ever seen. The price he paid was very close to the 318is pictured above. For me, it's tough to stomach the price he paid, but for him personally it was alright, and he got everything he wanted.

'87 325
          '89 325is
          '90 325i
          '67 Buick Skylark --SOLD 5/2015--

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
            That 528e is a low mileage example, and probably completely immaculate. They're always going to command a premium over your average used e28.
            This is the important part, though. Ridiculous inflation, regardless of condition.
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I don't have money to throw around, but overall Craigslist seems like a much better place to find a car. I couldn't sleep at night if I payed 21k for a 528e no matter how clean

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                This is the important part, though. Ridiculous inflation, regardless of condition.
                Haha, yeah, I'm aware a 528e isn't exactly desirable. I never said it wasn't overpriced. Does anyone know what these cars actually sell for though? I bet it's not the price listed.

Comment

I've never seen a 528e over 10k

Comment

I guess Im the odd man out. I admire EAG. They have carved out a niche catering to wealthy people who want a classic vintage car. There are a lot of people out there that are better at making money than turning a wrench. They are good businessmen and typically have top notch inventory
                    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

When they were exclusively E30 M3's and older M cars it made more sense but when they included 318/325iS' and 528e(!)...that's kind of silly to me. Don't mean to offend those owners as I came from several 325e/325i's in the past but there are still several of these cars out there. Even if I had tons of cash and was the biggest E28/E30 fan, NEVER would I pay those prices for those particular models. I would go straight for the collectibles. They must have a lot of capital to be able to sit on these.
                      Last edited by reelizmpro; 02-22-2015, 02:00 PM.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I agree with blunty. There's a lot of people who couldnt' be bothered with turning wrenches, and would rather PAY a reasonable amount for a classic car..that's where EAG comes in.

Regardless of how crazy we think their prices are, they are making money at what they do. And lets be honest folks, these cars aren't easy to come by in premium shape with low mileage anymore
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Compared to what else is available out there ie; newer M3, M5, M Coupe, etc, I think their prices are WAY inflated. But I suppose if there are people out there who have their heart set on paying that kind of money for old cars, then okayyyyyy.
                          My Feedback

Comment

I agree with Steve. They are getting top dollar for top notch cars, and good for them. I think those of us who own nice examples (and not clapped out stance bro sticker bombed wannabe hard parkers) are happy to see these types of prices being commanded.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                              I agree with Steve. They are getting top dollar for top notch cars, and good for them. I think those of us who own nice examples (and not clapped out stance bro sticker bombed wannabe hard parkers) are happy to see these types of prices being commanded.
                              I feel like anyone who currently owns one should be happy. Prices of beaters still go up as prices of nice examples go up, just not at the same rate.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X