1988 325 ix. is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 325 ix. is it worth it?

I Came across a 1988 ix. for 2500. good strait body. fadded paint on skirts. no rust. scratches. 154??? miles. the odo stoped working who knows how long ago. driver seat has tear. need new front shocks. it has an is lip. new timing belt and stuff. i drove it. seem slugish. although it is an ix. it would chirp 2nd. i know it has less than 200 for sure. owner said prolly close to 165??? max .hulled to 110 eazy on on the highway. Has cracked dash. but owner will give me a diffrent dash in good cond. and a radio w/cd player. cars verry muddy, but thats eazy to fix. The throtle responce is kinda sluggish. i plan on putting my m30 afm in it, and a good old tune up. And if i buy this my eta will an actual a project car. while i dd the ix. IT IS A MANUAL:D for you guys that dont know.the 88's came with all the fancy optioins. heated seats. sport seats. map light mirror ext. and the 88 is problable rarest nicest ix. a 2 door manual ix is hard to find vs 4 door and autos with none of the goodies. the car has diving boards. did they make a supereta x? i know this isnt one and doubt if they did, but ya knever know. thanks for the feed back in advance.

peace,
    zach

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

the price sounds decent, I paid $2000 for mine 4 years ago and little tricks to it. And it does fly. Mine is a 2 door 5 speed also, but mine don't have the heated seats.

Comment

yeah i was thinking it was worth it. the front suspension is rock solid. no joke.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Sounds like a good deal to me. If you in the market for this car it sounds like you should jump on it.
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

ANY manual 2-door IX is worth it at that price. Don't forget how rare these cars are getting.
          87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

Originally posted by IS
            ANY manual 2-door IX is worth it at that price. Don't forget how rare these cars are getting.
            oh i know. esp the ones with all the opions. Im picking it up monday hopefully. :D

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

I just got mine a couple months ago. Paid a little over 3K for mine. So yours sounds like a pretty good deal. Although, here are the sticklers with iX.

The front suspension is COMPLETELY different. Doesn't share much with the rest of the e30 family. If you want to re-do the front suspension, plan on spending some coin.

Test the VC before you buy it. It's what makes in iX an iX. It's been suggested to get the rear of the car off the ground and slowly let out the clutch. The VC should try to transfer the power to the front wheels. If the VC is shot, plan on spending $1K atleast.

If it bothers you, make sure the oil level sensor in the oil pan works. A replacement sensor is $135+ from the stealership :( Ask me how I know...

Mine had a fuel leak on the hard line on top of the gas tank. Had to drop and replace the entire tank. That was....not fun. But a great learning experience. Next, I get to try to replace my rear control arm and subframe bushings...yeah!

I've got an 88 5-speed coupe.....and I plan to keep mine as long as possible.
              _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
              Past: lots of stuff
              Present: e46 m3
              2010 F150 Lariat
              1990 E30 Touring
              1/4 e34 LeMons car

2004 Malibu 23 LSV
              2000 Odessey Millenia 210

Comment

Definitely buy it!
                Couple things:
                - no, they didn't put the eta in there and you wouldn't want to.
                - Yes, the '88s are nice, but the bumpers gotta go. If they are ice, hang on to them just in case.
                - That is the way to test the transfer case, but if its shot, the car will still out-perform any other e30 and be damn close to the M3 on dry pavement. If you are driving it in the snow or dirt, it will be a mess to handle.
                - To repair or replace the TC with a new VC will cost you closer to $2k than $1k
                - Join the 325iX yahoo mailing list. These people will be your greatest asset as we are the only ones around that really know what's up with these cars. I have 3.
                Pictures here: www.dirtye30.com

J.
                J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

Comment

sounds good man
                  8)8)

Comment

Working...
                  X