Is this for real?! (HOA content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this for real?! (HOA content)

I was over at a friend place last night. Real nice area down by Laguna Hills somewhere. We were having a few beers on his patio when I noticed the rent-a-cop stopped in front of my car. He then got out with a ticket board so I ran over to see what was up.

I luckily talked him down to a 'warning' which I thought was verbal but he seriously wrote me a warning ticket for backing into a parking as apparently only tenants are allowed to do this. Note that there is no signage anywhere about this.

Is this normal for an HOA? It's utterly ridiculous. I'll never live somewhere where I have to deal with this crap.
    91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Lol, not allowed to park in reverse? Degenerate does not even begin to explain the stupidity.
    Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

The only reason I could see that is so they can be lazy while checking out the license plates and not have to get out of the vehicle. Even if that shitlord wrote you a ticket, you could throw it right at his face as it's not a municipal or provincial/state ticket. You just wouldn't be able to park there anymore.

Comment

Okay, so if he did ticket you, would you have to pay it? If there's no signage, and it's in a neighborhood with an HOA, and you don't live there, just how much can they do? Sounds like one of those tickets you just toss out when you get home.

And this is also exactly why I will never live in a HOA.

Comment

Reminds me of the guy with the Audi that got booted by his HOA.

The boots came, but rather than acquiesce, he got some rolling jacks and wheeled his car, boots and all, back into his garage. It's the principal of the thing, as this guy apparently always used his parking pass and, despite the rent-a-cops knowing his vehicle, they ticketed him and gave his car the boot anyway. Then the standoff began. This guy was smart and called the police to make sure he wasn't doing anything illegal like stealing the contractor's boots, and when the HOA contractor's eventually found out where their they were hiding, he was happy to let them come and retrieve their property.

Last edited by george graves; 07-16-2015, 08:40 PM.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Man I remember following that years ago! ^
            91 318is M50 swapped
            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

The audi thread was epic. I live in an HOA but luckily they are not dumb enough to have stupid rules like the one you went to. If my hoa bill funded rent a cops i would be moving
              Originally posted by blunttech
              Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
              :shock:

Comment

this sort of thing really rankles feathers. you should have pulled out your sack and politely asked him to shave the hairs off it with his teeth.

"patrol masters"!! what a joke. it doesn't look like that slip of paper has an option to issue a monetary ticket. it appears to be a notice of violation. likely all they can do is have you towed. perhaps he just likes going around annoying people?
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

California is literally cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by zig553 View Post
                    The only reason I could see that is so they can be lazy while checking out the license plates and not have to get out of the vehicle. Even if that shitlord wrote you a ticket, you could throw it right at his face as it's not a municipal or provincial/state ticket. You just wouldn't be able to park there anymore.
                    Truth. Although this is something you wouldn't have to worry about paying if there were a fine, that guy will definitely remember your car and continue to hassle if he can. Still a stupid reason to write a ticket though. the guy must be bored.

When I lived in Orlando, I used to go to UCF all the time and in the parking area, I got tickets from the university that didn't show my parking tag. since I didn't go to that school, I pretty much ignored them and threw them in the garbage.
                    1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                    2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                    2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

HOAs are horrible. We have some shitty neighbors with 15 cars in one lot, but I'd rather deal with that than getting a ticket for retarded reasons or only being able to paint my house a certain color. Plus the dues.. F that.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Reminds me of my college days. A-hole campus security had boots. They booted one of my buddy's cars for failure to pay tickets. Engineers being resourceful, we "borrowed" an acetylene torch from the Mech Lab, cut the boot off and tossed it in the swamp!

Sure...eventually he had to pay the tickets...

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
                          When I lived in Orlando, I used to go to UCF all the time and in the parking area, I got tickets from the university that didn't show my parking tag. since I didn't go to that school, I pretty much ignored them and threw them in the garbage.
                          Truth, I used to date a chick who went to WVU. I would probably have to pay an entire years tuition worth in over due parking tickets before they would let me attend. It was literally every weekend.
                          No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

That's so stupid haha. I know at my school I got like 500 in parking tickets for not having a permit. Idgaf they only know the vehicle not the owner so until I come forward (which I won't) they are wasting there time haha

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              HOAs are horrible.
                              About the only thing they are good for is people that work all the time, and are too much a sissy to mow their own lawn, or know when to replace a roof. If you're that kinda of person, I suppose it works for them.

If you're any kind of car guy, or like to do your own handyman stuff - yea - no good at all.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                              X