No announcement yet.

Costco Gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put costco 91 all the time. Runs fine.

Comment

Another point of view

Steve
      '89 332i
      '90 M3
      '01 530is
      '12 MCS BW
      '15 RAM 3500

Comment

I think it's going to slowly deteriorate your pistons and rip through your timing belt.
        Not to mention what it's going to do to your MAF and your timing chain tensioner...

don't use that shit. Shell X- Power all the way.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
          Lol from what i hear its not good, they do have 91.
          It's not just costco gas you need to worry about, it's ALL California gas you need to worry about. The additives and formulas that y'all have over there are so severely fucked, it's insane.

Get your gas from Nevada. Or even better, Texas./s

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

FWIW, my friend, a 30-year senior BMW dealer tech who now owns and operates a very successful BMW/Mini repair shop, strongly advises his customers NOT to buy gas from Costco here on Oahu (he's big on Chevron and also recommends Phillips76). When I was working for him, we had tons of failed fuel pumps from customers -- especially Mini owners -- who said they bought their gas at Costco and/or off-brand stations. It got to the point where we wouldn't warranty a fuel pump replacement job (and we were probably doing at least a couple a week in a shop with six lifts) without a go-ahead to completely drain and clean tanks, blow out lines and replace the filter. Don't know if Hawaii has crummy gas in general or at Costco and off-brands specifically, but in the year I was there we saw a lot of fuel pumps that seemed to go south prematurely.

Meanwhile, I always scratch my head when I see people spending ten to twenty minutes waiting in line (and burning gas at idle) at a Costco station to save maybe a pocket-full of loose change on a tank of gas ...
            Last edited by ainadude; 09-03-2015, 09:49 PM.
            ainadude
            Indian Wells, CA

sigpic

1991 325i 2dr. 5sp, delphin, w/freshly re-skinned IS sport seats/15" Ronal cross-spokes

1976 Triumph Spitfire w/1.8-liter Miata engine/transmission, koa dash with TR6 oil/volt gauges, lowered suspension, 14" Minilite replicas and more

2004 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
              Flyboy laying down the law. Really though my friend works at costco and they said it's only for cars made after 2010, I think it's going to slowly deteriorate your pistons and rip through your timing belt. It's known to blow head gaskets too
              Your friend really needs to go back to school and learn some chemistry. Google to see how many refineries are left in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                Your friend really needs to go back to school and learn some chemistry. Google to see how many refineries are left in this world.

How could gas rip through a tb? I'm pulling OP's leg
                BMW tech
                Umass Amherst
                05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                  Successfully trolled.
                  sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
                    How could gas rip through a tb? I'm pulling OP's leg
                    I dunno, it blew out my friends muffler bearings and he had to buy a new cat. The dog didn't mind, the gas that leaked all over his driveway gave him quite a buzz. I think the dog is in AA now.

Save the dogs, don't buy cheap gas
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        I dunno, it blew out my friends muffler bearings and he had to buy a new cat. The dog didn't mind, the gas that leaked all over his driveway gave him quite a buzz. I think the dog is in AA now.

Save the dogs, don't buy cheap gas
                        It's a government cover up man, Bob barker got so sick of telling everyone to spay and neuter their animals he spiked the Costco gas. All are animals are going sterile BRAH! What will they start putting in our Chinese food now!
                        sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Today's fuels are not good enough for the high performance 12v SOHC engines of the 1980s. Technology peaked in 1991 and the e30 is the pinnacle of automotive engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by gazellebeigem3 View Post
                            Today's fuels are not good enough for the high performance 12v SOHC engines of the 1980s. Technology peaked in 1991 and the e30 is the pinnacle of automotive engineering.
                            This is why I only run 93 octane gas in my engine.

Comment

C'mon guys! His motor is a stroker. Sunoco 104 octane or nothing.

Comment

Costco Gas?

Aren't e30s hybrids though?
                                BMW tech
                                Umass Amherst
                                05 wrx sti

Comment

Working...
                                X