What would be the best street/dd setup imaginable?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • flyboyx
    replied
    Originally posted by mr2peak
    So stock MTechnic suspension? Guess BMW does get things right occasionally :)
    this is only my opinion but i can't see 25 year old springs being viable for a good daily driver. i also can't see buying oem bmw springs new when you can get a set of h&r sports for less than 300.00 shipped to your door.

    Leave a comment:


  • mr2peak
    replied
    Originally posted by ak-
    E30 M3 springs or H&R Sports with Koni's
    E30 M3 sway bars, or Vert front and iX rear bars

    So stock MTechnic suspension? Guess BMW does get things right occasionally :)

    Leave a comment:


  • exhaust
    replied
    Originally posted by jasonbk
    To me billstein sports shocks are amazing at smooth road, but they're bit too firm to drive in downtown area where the roads are rougher.

    Also now with the new rear subframe bushings, I can notice how front end feels little harsh when driving over small bumps - which can be worn out front subframe bushings.
    Agree with this. I've got Bilstein sports with an Eibach Pro kit on my convertible along with Poly rear subframe and sway bar bushings. It's great on a highway but as soon as I drive it in Philadelphia its awful. I daily a truck here for a reason.

    Leave a comment:


  • JinormusJ
    replied
    Originally posted by varg
    I dunno, I DD'd a motorcycle for years and I can't think of a race car besides a dragster that isn't more practical and comfortable than being geared up on a motorcycle in the middle of the summer. So it's loud, you wear earplugs (like I do on my bike). So it has a harsh ride, put a pillow under your butt :D
    What a waste of effort

    I'm all for dailying a motorcycle, but a car? Not worth it IMO
    If you can't lane split, makes no sense to torment yourself like that. Even after 5 years of dailying well put together e30s I got tired of it

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Originally posted by JinormusJ
    No you wouldn't
    I dunno, I DD'd a motorcycle for years and I can't think of a race car besides a dragster that isn't more practical and comfortable than being geared up on a motorcycle in the middle of the summer. So it's loud, you wear earplugs (like I do on my bike). So it has a harsh ride, put a pillow under your butt :D

    Leave a comment:


  • JinormusJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Massimo
    waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles's I would totally daily a race car every mother fucken day if the law allowed me
    No you wouldn't

    Leave a comment:


  • jasonbk
    replied
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    it appears you have a coupe, so i doubt you would actually feel much difference at all. interior improvements to feel more stable? how about a full roll cage?

    ej knight sells an x brace for the front frame rails. that might help you a little. perhaps the problem here is that i really don't think your question above was specific enough to understand what you are talking about.
    I see. New front suspension and bushings improved the behaviour over the harsh roads and got rid of most of driveline play, but my car still jerks a bit when releasing the gas pedal, especially at lower RPM range.

    To me billstein sports shocks are amazing at smooth road, but they're bit too firm to drive in downtown area where the roads are rougher.

    Also now with the new rear subframe bushings, I can notice how front end feels little harsh when driving over small bumps - which can be worn out front subframe bushings.

    I made this thread just to see what others would run for their dream dd.. not really trying to solve a specific problem :)

    Leave a comment:


  • MT325is
    replied
    i think oem rubber
    but also air suspension.. that could be used in any situation.

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    Originally posted by Massimo
    waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles's I would totally daily a race car every mother fucken day if the law allowed me
    I admire your gusto.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massimo
    replied
    waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles's I would totally daily a race car every mother fucken day if the law allowed me

    Leave a comment:


  • Meta
    replied
    S38. Bagged. The end.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Everyone has pretty much said it already, but Im with Cabriolet on this.

    Stock E30 rubber bushings fresh all around with mild GC coil setup.

    or

    HR race with stock bushings all around.

    These both are driveable without car bouncing or smashing everywhere, but feels stiff, sharp, and drives nice.

    Leave a comment:


  • modernist
    replied
    I have H&R OE Sports and Bilstein Tourings in my sedan. It's a good compromise between comfort and fun. In a perfect world I would add a shit ton of dynamat, 15" weaves, and an M60B40 with a very quiet exhaust.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jon325i
    replied
    On my last E30 I ran B-Sport dampers with Ireland Engineering Stage 3 springs, factory sways (the car was a '91 325i) and 15x7 wheels with 225/50s (sorry...can't remember the brand/model) but they did have softer sidewalls. The ride quality was fine as long as the road surface wasn't beat to hell. On a previous E30 ('89 325i) I had Tokico Illuminas (5-way adjustable) dampers with H&R Sport springs and stock sways. It was softer than the set up on my '91, even with the dampers set at "5", the firmest setting. This car had 16x7.5 wheels with 205/45 Sumitomo HTRZ IIs.

    Jon

    Leave a comment:


  • flyboyx
    replied
    Originally posted by jasonbk
    How does X brace change the driving feel on the street? Also, what kind of interior improvement would you make to make it feel more stable, less ratty?

    I'm now trying to get rid of gas off jerk - probably get new transmission mounts and see what happens.
    it appears you have a coupe, so i doubt you would actually feel much difference at all. interior improvements to feel more stable? how about a full roll cage?

    ej knight sells an x brace for the front frame rails. that might help you a little. perhaps the problem here is that i really don't think your question above was specific enough to understand what you are talking about.

    Leave a comment:

Working...