X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rwh11385
    replied
    Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
    Mike is working on building a working firewall so he doesn't die unexpectedly from the engine or the road or looking at it wrong.
    The best location for a firewall is between it and the garage so the next time is is "accidentally" flame accented it doesn't lead to valuable property damage. So build a trash incinerator basically.

Leave a comment:

• phreshkid
    replied
    Can confirm Rusty is more than fine.

Saw it 2 days ago.

Mike is working on building a working firewall so he doesn't die unexpectedly from the engine or the road or looking at it wrong.

Leave a comment:

• csermonet47
    replied
    You guys are funny.

Rusty is fine. Mike is busy building another E28 for SEMA this year.

Leave a comment:

• Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Well, I know they found spark plug wires for it because I saw a video of it driving under it's own power.

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    Theres a pretty ferocious sounding burnout vid on mike burroughs instagram from about 13 weeks ago.

Have no idea how to link an instagram.

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Bump.

A quick Google search seems to enforce those who said this was done purely for scene points.

Has anyone heard of this car doing anything since SEMA?

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied
    If this car was being presented out of Norway from some builder, you'd all be gobbling ball-bags over it.
    I'm trying to picture everyone's argument as if they are talking in person to Mike in front of the car and it's really awkward.

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    Originally posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
    They were. As were the halves on the back of a majority of IMSA, DRM, and FIA G5 cars for a while. The halves are real BBS parts from the late 70s.:)

Crazy, didn't know that!

Why does rusty's look so much bigger than the P-cars? Are you running a lower profile tire than the 935?

To us mere mortals, I know the e38 style 5's look bleh on e38's with their balloon tires. Toss some smaller rubber and put them on the smaller e30, and the wheels style comes to life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DIIRTY-30
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 325ix
    replied
    Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    I just lost all respect for you.

My definition of race car has definitely gone WAAAAAYYY down since running Chumpcar.

Racecar: a tool you wouldn't care if it was pushed off a cliff..

I try not to think of my racecar anymore as an E30. It's kept in the garage with the shovels, the rake and Rat poison. It's a very large, expensive hammer for driving in a special kind of nail.
    I'm really not sure if you're serious or not.

Leave a comment:

• keefy6
    replied
    Well, I commented on IG..that I just want to hear it run. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Leave a comment:

• djjerme
    replied
    Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    have you heard the song though?

yeah..

XM can't seem to stop playing it.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    I think the ultimate purist pain would be a rotary e30 m3.
    I hate rotaries, but it wouldn't bother me because I'm pretty sure by the 10th rebuild in 40,000 miles they would just sell it. :p

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Burns
    replied
    I for one, am thankful nobody really took notice to the two Latino looking men I hired to hold and display my almost finished build at SEMA.

thanks for stealing the show boys!!

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    Remember when cars used to be fun?

Half of you guys sound like bitter old men who aren't getting laid.
    Last edited by LJ851; 11-10-2015, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X