Rusty is back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ugh those 345s out back :)
    -1986 S50Turbo Sedan (475WHP/417WTQ) Castromotorsport Built (Sold)
    -1987 Coupe (17x10.5"/17x14")
    Castromotorsport / Buddha_Concept_designs Built *UnderConstruction*

Follow me on Instagram: obes_sebo
    For more updates:)
    Purchase FeedBack http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=278838

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
      To all that i offended i apologize

Is it really ignorant? Childish could be debatable but, far from ignorant. Praising something that isn't done for an unveiling is demeaning to all the millions of hours put in by other builders at SEMA that finished their cars, which run and drive. Don’t you remember this?

Its super common for unfinished/in-progress cars to be displayed at SEMA, don't be ridiculous. Not to mention- there's a whole ton of work already done, its not the case of a stock bmw they shaved the bay and put a non-running exotic motor in and called it good.

It looked good in person, and i'm excited to see it finished out.

Comment

I can dig this car love it.

To all that i offended i apologize

I saw that, but still none the less it's just art at this point. And I'm sick/feed-up of seeing BS pics of insta-famous "cars" with fancy engines and 0 wiring done. This whole year people bring these things out to shows and they don’t run. Yet when me and my fam did my car I drove that shit to WA the week it was done. It was done in time because it needed to be. If it wasn’t a running car it would have stayed home in the garage.

Is it really ignorant? Childish could be debatable but, far from ignorant. Praising something that isn't done for an unveiling is demeaning to all the millions of hours put in by other builders at SEMA that finished their cars, which run and drive. Don’t you remember this?

I loved the original rusty and I kind of like the style of this car. What it is now is a project that isn't completed. Unveiling a project in this fashion if like a premature cum. a running car is now a joke standard. Please excuse me while I laugh at the fact that you don’t realize that the sole purpose of a car is in the fact that it moves, runs, drives.

WTF seriously do you just assume that they whipped up a tube frame, race engine, body etc in a week and that wiring is some how going to take months. No the car is not running. But it is a fucken car show, no one is driving around so what the fuck dose it matter if it is not running yet. I don't go to one of these car shows to see a car running I go to look at it....
        sigpic

Comment

I saw that, but still none the less it's just art at this point. And I'm sick/feed-up of seeing BS pics of insta-famous "cars" with fancy engines and 0 wiring done. This whole year people bring these things out to shows and they don’t run. Yet when me and my fam did my car I drove that shit to WA the week it was done. It was done in time because it needed to be. If it wasn’t a running car it would have stayed home in the garage.

I loved the original rusty and I kind of like the style of this car. What it is now is a project that isn't completed. Unveiling a project in this fashion if like a premature cum. a running car is now a joke standard. Please excuse me while I laugh at the fact that you don’t realize that the sole purpose of a car is in the fact that it moves, runs, drives.
          I think what you fail to realize is that the car has to be at SEMA no matter what. H&R wanted it in the booth, and no matter how close or far from completion the car was, it had to be at SEMA. Some things made the cut, and others didn't. I'm sorry that making it run is the final step on my "to do list", but I'm not about to rush starting up a very expensive and finicky engine just to make some internet people happy.
          I'm home now and can take my time ensuring its ready to run.

Point and wag your finger about how it's "bullshit" that the car wasn't finished, or that it should have stayed home... but when you build high caliber cars for high profile companies, sometimes you have to make sacrifices. Byron and I have worked our ass off on this car since last June when we began the project, and I'd challenge anyone out there to build the same, on the same timeline, in their after-work hours and in their free time.

That's not a call-out either. If we can do it, anyone can. But until you do, I don't think you understand just how much work goes in to building a true tube chassis car. We tried to finish all the loose ends, but in the end, the deadline arrived and we had to choose what wasn't going to get finished.

I'm still scratching my head as to why so many people are focused on the fact that it doesn't run yet. It's just not done. I'm sure everyone on this board has had their project car in a non-running state, be it for a day or for a year. I just had to show mine off during that period while most don't.

Rest assured, if I can build the car, I can certainly make it run. That's the easy part.

Comment

Some of these responses are cringe worthy...
            Current:
            1989 325i
            1988 M3
            1987 325ic
            Past:
            2001 330ci
            2001 M3

Comment

Showing up at a race or track event with an unfinished car would be one thing, but showing up to a trade show as a companies attention getter leaves the door wide open for anything in my book.

Hell, i bet half the "finished" cars at sema aren't really finished. The ones i have personally known certainly weren't. Building a car from scratch can be awfully difficult to complete at a certain time.

The whole point of rusty being at sema was to grab attention to the booth it was in. The fact this thread exists and has all the varieties of intense opinions and feelings about the car proves conclusively that rusty was a roaring success.

Well done Mike and Byron.
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

finished or not

You guys did awesome. Looking forward to this monster ripping the tracks.

What are your plans for floors? I really hope you make a build thread for this beast, I am anxiously waiting :devil:
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
                  I think what you fail to realize is that the car has to be at SEMA no matter what. H&R wanted it in the booth, and no matter how close or far from completion the car was, it had to be at SEMA. Some things made the cut, and others didn't. I'm sorry that making it run is the final step on my "to do list", but I'm not about to rush starting up a very expensive and finicky engine just to make some internet people happy.
                  I'm home now and can take my time ensuring its ready to run.

Point and wag your finger about how it's "bullshit" that the car wasn't finished, or that it should have stayed home... but when you build high caliber cars for high profile companies, sometimes you have to make sacrifices. Byron and I have worked our ass off on this car since last June when we began the project, and I'd challenge anyone out there to build the same, on the same timeline, in their after-work hours and in their free time.

That's not a call-out either. If we can do it, anyone can. But until you do, I don't think you understand just how much work goes in to building a true tube chassis car. We tried to finish all the loose ends, but in the end, the deadline arrived and we had to choose what wasn't going to get finished.

I'm still scratching my head as to why so many people are focused on the fact that it doesn't run yet. It's just not done. I'm sure everyone on this board has had their project car in a non-running state, be it for a day or for a year. I just had to show mine off during that period while most don't.

Rest assured, if I can build the car, I can certainly make it run. That's the easy part.
                  Wait, call me crazy...but are the legend...some refer to as...Mike...Mike Burroughs...The Mike Burroughs?

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                  Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                    Wait, call me crazy...but are the legend...some refer to as...Mike...Mike Burroughs...The Mike Burroughs?
                    Yes that's him.

Comment

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
                      I'm still scratching my head as to why so many people are focused on the fact that it doesn't run yet. It's just not done.
                      This was my initial thought after reading comments after the unveiling, and even up to now. The people who look at it that way must have no grasp of what a "project" endures or they just need something to gripe about to feel high and mighty.

Mike, let me know if you want me to bead roll some patterns into your floorpans when that time comes, I would be happy to be a part of your project in one way or another.

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
                      --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

The fact that H&R made you bring it should silence every one and if doesn't. They are probably just jealous high profile company's don't want there POS's in their booth. It really is comical how big of a deal the motor is making.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

My guess is it has something to do with the rusty patina of the car, its something I have dealt have seen many people deal with, a couple years ago when guys started bringing completely patina covered trucks to sema everyone was having a heart attack that they were "rusty" and piles of shit, nobody cared to look a the brand new powerder coated chasis underneath, or the fact it was running an LS7 or any of that.

It took a few years and now everyone wants one, at the end of the day anytime a new trend starts people freak out like its the end of the world, and why is that, usually because it means that "POS" truck is now worth more than their life long passion project they put flames on back in the 80s

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                          Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

I don't car either way. Pretend it's a race car all you like but it's still a ricer stance car.

Comment

If it weighs 2500 pounds, and does end up making 500hp, not a ricer.
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                                I don't car either way.
                                You just don't know how to car...
                                Hank Ahrens
                                1984 Alpine Coupe
                                1978 911sc

Comment

Working...
                                X