Looking for suggestions on custom parts to make and sell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TheTacoMan
    replied
    Originally posted by noid
    Bolt on m20 24v head.
    As an m20 guy I hate say this but, just go get a 24v motor.

    Leave a comment:


  • BECKSTER
    replied
    Honda threaded shift knob lever to e30 adapter so I can run all the cool knobs

    Leave a comment:


  • Vincent Brick
    replied
    - Knockoff Zender or AC Schnitzer triple gauge pod
    - Flocked/alcantra-look molded plastic upper dash cover
    - The above two combined somehow
    - Airbox heat shield (supposedly worth a couple dyno-proven WHP on M20)
    - Affordable kit to convert from coupe/sedan to Touring :) jk
    Last edited by Vincent Brick; 12-19-2015, 05:54 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ahrensNW
    replied
    I'd be down for a solid mount shifter...

    Hmmm I bet I could fab that up...

    Leave a comment:


  • stonea
    replied
    s38 itb to m30 adaptor

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_Narek
    replied
    Cheaper roll bars/cages... as in not $600.

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    euro s50 ITBs to s52 adaptor.

    Leave a comment:


  • totheredline
    replied
    -Oil cooler adaper for m42/m44. (Not very cheap)

    -Offset rear subframe bushings to fit e28 rear subframe into e30(nobody makes this)

    -BMW transmission output flange to standard U-joint adapter, for easy driveshaft upgrades and easy driveshaft rebuilds. (NOBODY makes one of these for less than $170. Basically all it would be is a thick metal disc with some holes drilled in it.

    -budget solid mount shifter


    I had a lot of other ideas I just can't think of them off the top of my head.
    -

    Leave a comment:


  • kickinindian
    replied
    Originally posted by McGyver
    Develop a bolt-on no-nonsense supercharger bracket for m10, m20, and/or m30.
    twin screw not centrifugal!

    my vote is to replace all the plastic cooling bits with aluminum/metal for m44s and the like.

    Leave a comment:


  • Act of Congress
    replied
    keep em coming, I'm loving these
    Last edited by Act of Congress; 12-18-2015, 01:48 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • noid
    replied
    Bolt on m20 24v head.

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    Develop a bolt-on no-nonsense supercharger bracket for m10, m20, and/or m30.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    that depends entirely on your manufacturing abilities.

    one thing that almost existed once but then didn't is a piece that bolts to the bottom of an E12 or E28 strut to adapt it to E30 control arms and tie rods. that would simplify 5-lug and large brake conversions considerably, since E28 struts are relatively easy to come by.

    Leave a comment:


  • Looking for suggestions on custom parts to make and sell

    Pretty new to the forum and that E30 life - 1991 318is - and I'm interested in building some cool stuff for these cars. I've got the time, connections, and general insanity to build all kinds of custom parts and sell them to the community. So my question for all of you is:

    What part(s) do you wish you could buy?
    What do you wish was cheaper?
    What do you wish was higher quality?

    With your input and my own questionable creative vision, you'll be seeing some cool parts from me here before summer...
Working...