What a difference!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a difference!

I finally figured out what was throwing my o2 a while back. Turned out the air pump block off plates didnt get sealed down all the way.

I just noticed today what a difference it made in my MPG. Before I could get 230 maybe 240 miles before the empty light turned on. Today I just finished off my first tank of gas since correcting the problem, I made it 280 miles and the light still wasnt on. I ended up just filling up (11.75 gallons).

This was the milage I was looking for :) I was surprised too because I have had a lot of lead foot driving on this tank.

280 is what I would get with my m20 in the 325i, so I am pretty happy. The s14 only got 19mpg :/
    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

280 miles out of an M20 sounds about right. If I really have my foot in it then it just sucks. I've drained a whole tank in less than 150 miles at the track :shock:

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

wheres the "air pump"?
      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Part of the air pump assembly. The thing right to the left of #3, dosnt seem to have a number.
        Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i
          280 miles out of an M20 sounds about right. If I really have my foot in it then it just sucks. I've drained a whole tank in less than 150 miles at the track :shock:

Jon
          don't think it is a M20 though!
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

suckers! I'm pulling 350 a tank!

.......I have the larger tank haha
            R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

I want to find out more about this as well, but I have no idea what that part is.

Comment

Working...
              X