Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice..on getting a e36 as a DD, but keeping the E30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtechnik
    what about the trannies? Every now & then i see a post about them gonig to hell when shifting in a corner-> transmission flex?

thnx Jon.

What i'm donig here is getting ALL apsects/opinions covered.
    The M3s have been known for their potential "money shift" issue.....I nearly made this mistake with my brother's car. Easy fix would be some urethane tranny mounts to take out some of the slop - the trade off is more drivetrain noise emitted into the cabin (not cool if its a DD). Don't know if the same problem applies to the non-M E36s.

I believe its UUC that makes an upgraded rear tranny mount upgrade which is supposed to cure the problem.

Jon
    Rides...
    1991 325i - sold :(
    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

I never really bothered to ask the techs at the BMW dealership in town why they dont like the e36, but they all stated that theyd rather have my nice low milage e30 than even a brand new 325i. At least a couple said because they knew it would always start in the morning. I know it doesnt help, but it doesnt sound like moving to an e36 would really solve any of your problems, just allow them to reappear on another car so to speak. I say save your cash, and just pony up to get the car fixed right now. And learn how to turn a wrench, its the only way to work on an e30 IMO.
      Back to my roots

Comment

apart from the brakes on an e36, i havent found any reason for getting rid of my e30. driving an e36 (or at least my mums e36 325i) it feels like the interior is being held together with superglue or something really cheap and nasty...

Comment

hey Bades long time no see !

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by mtechnik
            hey Bades long time no see !
            haha, cheers mate!

Comment

so i guess that about sums it up where feedback & input is concerned.....................

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Working...
              X