rock auto seems pretty legit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rock auto seems pretty legit.

so I saw a commercial about rockauto.com, and it was the stupidest marketing I have ever seen. However, what caught my attention was that he was a broke guitar player with a beat up truck who needed to go places and buy auto parts. they basically said why spend so much money on overpriced parts (calling out auto zone) when you can get it cheaper on rockauto.com.

I said "LIARS". I went online, compared prices with o'reilly's and autozone, and they weren't lying. I searched for a thermastat for 15 bucks, where as at autozone it was 21. They have almost everything you can think of.

I haven't bought anything yet but i'm going to next time I get paid.

I just wanted to share this moment with you guys and see what you think and maybe leave reviews for people to see?

P.S: Im not getting paid or affiliated with rockauto.com im just a m.d student with a project car lol. Im just looking out for people who need to find cheap parts. ill leave a poll to see who liked it or hated it. also leave feedback please.

Thank You!
    yes
    72.55%
    no
    27.45%

The poll is expired.

|OO=[||][||]=OO|
    /____ALPINA____\

sigpic
    300lbs Deadlift

1987 325es 2.7i chipped
    1992 325i : SOLD
    2004 e46 M3
    2007 e90 M3

Cheap parts are exactly that.
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

i buy stuff there fairly often. prices are fantastic. i think they have a shipping warehouse very close to me because usually the parts arrive in the mail the next day which is hard to beat.

i ordered an e30 water pump not too long ago and it came with a plastic impeller. i sent it back and made sure to order a metal one.

i ordered front rotors for my f350 recently, but when they arrived the bolt pattern was wrong.

you will have problems like this on occasion, but for the most part, i think they are a good deal.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

They are awesome if they can get it all from the same warehouse. Shipping gets screwy sometimes. They have the best prices on centric brake rotors and pads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Make SURE to check manufacturer when you order parts. Or at the least, inform the next owner which parts you didn't care about so they know to replace them.
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I use it regularly for parts. I have several cars and I work on friend's cars for them. The prices are good as long as you don't need it today. You have to plan ahead a little. They list the part manufacturer so you know exactly what you're getting. Often they have the same part in various manufacturers so if you want a cheap part, you can get it. If you want a more noted brand name, they have that too.

I've been using them for years and I have no complaints.

Comment

thanks guys! im goin to try them out as well, i saw they have trunk weather strips and was stoked because thats hard to find usually.
              |OO=[||][||]=OO|
              /____ALPINA____\

sigpic
              300lbs Deadlift

1987 325es 2.7i chipped
              1992 325i : SOLD
              2004 e46 M3
              2007 e90 M3

Comment

They had Sachs clutches for wayyy cheaper than anywhere else when I bought one.

As ELVA164 said, make sure you are aware of the manufacturer when ordering.
                Last edited by nyChris; 01-16-2016, 09:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Used them for a new taillight on the f150 when it got smashed out. fitment was a little wonky but nothing i couldn't fix and was expected cause i didnt get genuine ford parts

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I personally have had a lot of shipping problems with them. Things getting delayed, shipments taking WAAAY to long to arrive, ect... but I still use them. If I need the part with in the next few days I use ECS, if it can wait then Rockauto. Like everyone is saying just get a reputable brand.
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I use Rock Auto fairly often. Great prices and I like having several choices on manufacturer. I have not had problems with shipping.
                      1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
                      1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
                      1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
                      1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
                      2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
                      2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
                      2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
                      2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the internet.
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Prices are good, selection is good, customer service is meh. Check the part brands and you'll be fine.
                          Originally posted by Sonny
                          I am a meme for our community.

Comment

They have really good deals on remanufacured parts, and they arrange cheap return shipping, only cost $6 for me to ship back a pair of e30 brake calipers.

Comment

I have bought from them quite a bit I dont buy many bmw parts though from them
                              1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                              2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                              2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Working...
                              X