Originally posted by h0lmes
Needed: Good cheap floorjack
Collapse
X
-
Guest repliedThey are the same jack...Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriverI've heard nothing but bad from the Sears jack, yet nothing but good from the HF jack. HF FTW.Leave a comment:
-
Sam's club has a great floor jack. They really big kind for aboutn $60. That's what I've got, along with the best jack stands I've ever seen for an additional $25.Leave a comment:
-
+1 on the aluminium Craftsman jack. Bought it when I was living in a second floor apartment and had to carry it down the stairs every time I needed it. :)Has worked very well for a few years now.
My only complaint is that while generally low enough the body of the jack is kind of short and the handle often ends up well under the car when jacking from center-line jack points. I think I'd also spring for the 2 ton version which lifts a little higher if I were buying it today.Leave a comment:
-
The jack warranty is only one year. coincidently right about the time most of us will kill them.Leave a comment:
-
Yeah mine too. But I think it was one for those few craftsman tools that doesn't that the lifetime warranty. I know some of their ratchet type torque wrenches dont have it so it wouldn't surprise me if all of their jacks didn't either.Originally posted by straight6pwrive had many craftsman tools break and the SEARS here replaces them without question. i also have the big aluminum craftsman, and it works great.Leave a comment:
-
ive had many craftsman tools break and the SEARS here replaces them without question. i also have the big aluminum craftsman, and it works great.Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriverJordan tried that with his. They basically told him to EAD. After he finally got it replaced, it died a few months later.
I've heard nothing but bad from the Sears jack, yet nothing but good from the HF jack. HF FTW.Leave a comment:
-
I got this set at Pep Boys in L.A. in February. 99.00 including tax.

Jack alone was 69.99. They are good quality cheap tools.Leave a comment:
-
Jordan tried that with his. They basically told him to EAD. After he finally got it replaced, it died a few months later.Originally posted by FifeDog236Who cares when all you have to do is go to sears and get a new one for free.
I've heard nothing but bad from the Sears jack, yet nothing but good from the HF jack. HF FTW.Leave a comment:
-
Who cares when all you have to do is go to sears and get a new one for free.Leave a comment:
-
Even at normal price, the HF jack is about $100 (what I paid for mine). It's done its job great for the money, just wish it was even lower (2.5" minimum saddle I think).Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: