Needed: Good cheap floorjack

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AndrewBird
    replied
    Originally posted by h0lmes
    They are the same jack...
    I know. That's what is weird.

    Leave a comment:


  • h0lmes
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
    I've heard nothing but bad from the Sears jack, yet nothing but good from the HF jack. HF FTW.
    They are the same jack...

    Leave a comment:


  • JRowe
    replied
    Sam's club has a great floor jack. They really big kind for aboutn $60. That's what I've got, along with the best jack stands I've ever seen for an additional $25.

    Leave a comment:


  • eighteight325is
    replied
    +1 on the aluminium Craftsman jack. Bought it when I was living in a second floor apartment and had to carry it down the stairs every time I needed it. :)Has worked very well for a few years now.

    My only complaint is that while generally low enough the body of the jack is kind of short and the handle often ends up well under the car when jacking from center-line jack points. I think I'd also spring for the 2 ton version which lifts a little higher if I were buying it today.

    Leave a comment:


  • rwh11385
    replied
    The jack warranty is only one year. coincidently right about the time most of us will kill them.

    Leave a comment:


  • X2theZ3
    replied
    Originally posted by straight6pwr
    ive had many craftsman tools break and the SEARS here replaces them without question. i also have the big aluminum craftsman, and it works great.
    Yeah mine too. But I think it was one for those few craftsman tools that doesn't that the lifetime warranty. I know some of their ratchet type torque wrenches dont have it so it wouldn't surprise me if all of their jacks didn't either.

    Leave a comment:


  • straight6pwr
    replied
    Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
    Jordan tried that with his. They basically told him to EAD. After he finally got it replaced, it died a few months later.

    I've heard nothing but bad from the Sears jack, yet nothing but good from the HF jack. HF FTW.
    ive had many craftsman tools break and the SEARS here replaces them without question. i also have the big aluminum craftsman, and it works great.

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    I got this set at Pep Boys in L.A. in February. 99.00 including tax.



    Jack alone was 69.99. They are good quality cheap tools.

    Leave a comment:


  • AndrewBird
    replied
    Originally posted by FifeDog236
    Who cares when all you have to do is go to sears and get a new one for free.
    Jordan tried that with his. They basically told him to EAD. After he finally got it replaced, it died a few months later.

    I've heard nothing but bad from the Sears jack, yet nothing but good from the HF jack. HF FTW.

    Leave a comment:


  • KangamangusDriver
    replied
    My crapsman has shit out after like 7 years of abuse

    Leave a comment:


  • AdironRider
    replied
    Who cares when all you have to do is go to sears and get a new one for free.

    Leave a comment:


  • rwh11385
    replied
    craftsman jacks are shit. or typically shit out in a year.

    HF FTW

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    Even at normal price, the HF jack is about $100 (what I paid for mine). It's done its job great for the money, just wish it was even lower (2.5" minimum saddle I think).

    Leave a comment:


  • browntown
    replied
    oh thats an ancient post dude, go to slickdeals.net, click on forum, and search for harbor freight. Theres always one coupon or another.

    this might work: clicky

    Leave a comment:


  • X2theZ3
    replied
    does the HF coupon not load up or is just me?

    Leave a comment:

Working...