Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craigslist people can be sooo freaking stupid!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craigslist people can be sooo freaking stupid!

Just ranting a little bit. I put my old boat of craigslist for free the other day, 1961 17' fiberglass boat, trailer, etc. free, just haul it away. I got 15 calls in 10 minutes, but half the freaking people wanted to have it delivered across the state for free, or one woman said, well I'll take it, but you need to put a new battery in it first so I know the motor runs fine! WTF, people are so stupid! If the freakin thing is for free what do you think????
    Than, I put my daily driver on there for sale, 86 Mercedes 300e, for a grand. Its reliable and smooth, but cosmetically beat, so I put 4 pics up. I got an email 5 minutes ago wondering if there are any scratches in the paint, and if the interior is still like new! WTF, its a Mercedes e class for a grand, what do you think???

Is it me or are people abnormally stupid and ungrateful lately???
    01 325Ci
    87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

People on craigslist are dumb.

Does the motor run?

Comment

I've bought & sold stuff on Craigslist - your observations are pretty spot on with an experience or two I had. An example: I had this large framed oil painting (48"x60") to unload so I priced it cheap and I got replies. However, I clearly stated in my ad "buyer responsible for hauling....can't do it with my car" and yet three or four asked if I could deliver it. What tools.

Selling on CL is like surfing Roadfly - set your BS filter on high and be prepared to confront some idiots.

Jon
      Rides...
      1991 325i - sold :(
      2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Either people just don't read or they have no common sense.
        sigpic

Comment

I know it! When I responded to the Mercedes one all I said was- Find a running e class for $1000. Period. For less than that, I'll part the thing out and make more than that on it! Even giving away the boat, it was first come first serve, and yet I still had people asking me on the phone to hold it for a week while they talk to their wife about it! f@#$ing people man, piss me off. I probably am going to end up parting out the Mercedes, everyone want a 300e thats perfect, but of course, nobody wants to pay the $4500+ that they go for if spotless.
          01 325Ci
          87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i
            I've bought & sold stuff on Craigslist - your observations are pretty spot on with an experience or two I had. An example: I had this large framed oil painting (48"x60") to unload so I priced it cheap and I got replies. However, I clearly stated in my ad "buyer responsible for hauling....can't do it with my car" and yet three or four asked if I could deliver it. What tools.

Selling on CL is like surfing Roadfly - set your BS filter on high and be prepared to confront some idiots.

Jon
            Couldn't fit it in the McLaren huh?
            Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

i had some computer monitors from when we upgraded at my wifes business and i put them on CL for free. i had one bitch call me and ask me to deliver it 30 miles away. i told her sure but i thought she should put together a list of things needed around the house so i could do them when i got there and it wouldnt be such a long trip for nothing.
              she started swearing at me and calling me an asshole.
              We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

you guys could publish some of these. they are hilarious.

Comment

Should have put "Free OBO."

Comment

roflmao!
                    : : 1984 318i : : PNW E30 Crew : : Sold!!
                    Now becoming the R3vlimited Pro3 car
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=93780

Comment

I honestly think people dont even read the ads. My e30 for sale on roadfly clearly has 2 links to all pictures I have of the car but I keep getting people asking if I can send them pics of the car. They also ask questions that are clearly answered in the ad description.:crazy:

Comment

I actually edited mine and clearly put , do not ask me stupid questions, such as does the Mercedes have any scratches on it, or does everything work on it. Every email I get has stupid questions, hell one jackoff actually asked me if it has ever been in any accidents and if I have a record of all the oil changes for it. What do you think on a $1,000 Mercedes E class??? Where the fuck do these people come out of the woodwork?
                        01 325Ci
                        87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

Originally posted by ping65810
                          I actually edited mine and clearly put , do not ask me stupid questions, such as does the Mercedes have any scratches on it, or does everything work on it. Every email I get has stupid questions, hell one jackoff actually asked me if it has ever been in any accidents and if I have a record of all the oil changes for it. What do you think on a $1,000 Mercedes E class??? Where the fuck do these people come out of the woodwork?
                          From the STUPID IDIOT FUCKHEAD barn.
                          My drinking team, has a racing problem.

Anyone have an aquarium? If you want fish, let me know.

Comment

I tried to sell my downhill mountain bike on CL... I'd get calls like, "Can I buy just your pedals?"
                            87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

Oh, and never mind the fact that three responses have been Nigerian scams.... those are always fun too. Was is it so difficult to sell a Mercedes that drives and runs good for $1000????? Fucking craigslist people are wacked.
                              01 325Ci
                              87 325iS w/ M30B35 swap

Comment

Working...
                              X