Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll stick with my lowly single cam for now. Considering I have a cubic arse ton of spares in various hiding spots around town.

(I think I might have an addiction.)
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      I'll stick with my lowly single cam for now. Considering I have a cubic arse ton of spares in various hiding spots around town.

(I think I might have an addiction.)
      You also race in a sanctioned group where you kinda HAVE to stick to the lowly single cam. When my 84 had a 2.7i I kept up with my friends S50 E30. Its all about power to weight. But you already known this as you've had to add weight to your car to get it to the minimum since you have a similar starting point as me

my car weighs 2450# full interior, stereo, etc and puts down 225whp
      most S52 cars weigh~2600-2700# and put down a similar amount, but lets say 235whp. the numbers are still on my side

in BaT related news, the iS is already at $5,000 with plenty of time to go....
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        the iS is already at $5,000 with plenty of time to go....
        Good.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
          Good.
          I agree
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60 freak View Post
            the 91 318is that sold on 3/1/16 was a great car, I wish I had bought it!! where in the hell was I.....asleep!
            Hi, you might have another chance at it.

I bought that car and planned to drive it cross country. When I had it taken in to La Jolla Independent to do a few things before the trip they found pieces of the cam chain guide rail in the oil sump. Because the rebuild took longer than expected the owner, who was a great guy, refunded the purchase price.

I think it may well show up on BaT again soon. It was a very nice car, and with the engine rebuild should be a very solid car.

Once bitten apparently had no effect on me and I ended up bidding and winning this car the day before I was supposed to fly out to San Diego.

1987 325iS SOLD for $10,650
            Bid for the chance to own a 1987 BMW 325is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #1,221.

It is in unbelievably good condition other than all of the questionable modifications done by the guy who bought it out of San Louis Obispo. Fortunately everything he had done to the car is easily reversible, and I've been taking the car back to a stock configuration.

I got a set of 15" Euroweaves from BMW, removed the window tint and shadowline blackout vinyl on the bright trim, raised the car a bit and will be adding H&R springs and Bilstein HDs - I live in RI and the roads are terrible so Sports are a little too stiff I think.

It really is a great driving car that was pampered and maintained by a BMW tech in CA for 27 years. I had been looking for a nice is model for a couple of years, and both of these cars were the nicest I had seen.

Pictures of the 318 and the progress on the 325:
            Attached Files

Comment

straight out of the woodwork! I love this! I truly hope whoever bought the 87iS today does the same thing as you. Clean it up and leave it original, but if he modifies the crap out of it then he overpaid... but only a little
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by jagarfield View Post
                Hi, you might have another chance at it.

I bought that car and planned to drive it cross country. When I had it taken in to La Jolla Independent to do a few things before the trip they found pieces of the cam chain guide rail in the oil sump. Because the rebuild took longer than expected the owner, who was a great guy, refunded the purchase price.

I think it may well show up on BaT again soon. It was a very nice car, and with the engine rebuild should be a very solid car.

Once bitten apparently had no effect on me and I ended up bidding and winning this car the day before I was supposed to fly out to San Diego.

1987 325iS SOLD for $10,650
                Bid for the chance to own a 1987 BMW 325is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #1,221.

It is in unbelievably good condition other than all of the questionable modifications done by the guy who bought it out of San Louis Obispo. Fortunately everything he had done to the car is easily reversible, and I've been taking the car back to a stock configuration.

I got a set of 15" Euroweaves from BMW, removed the window tint and shadowline blackout vinyl on the bright trim, raised the car a bit and will be adding H&R springs and Bilstein HDs - I live in RI and the roads are terrible so Sports are a little too stiff I think.

It really is a great driving car that was pampered and maintained by a BMW tech in CA for 27 years. I had been looking for a nice is model for a couple of years, and both of these cars were the nicest I had seen.

Pictures of the 318 and the progress on the 325:
                I want to buy this 91 318is before its repaired "as is" .....please help!
                Current Cars:
                2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
                2017 FERRARI 488GTB
                2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
                1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
                1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
                1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
                1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
                2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
                CLEAN E30'S
                S54 DRIVETRAIN
                E30 DASH
                E30 PARTS

Comment

The "M3" vert and Carsons E36 M3 are both getting wrapped up today. Curious what they finish for
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

i'm watching the cabby pretty close. mostly curiosity. it would have to finish pretty low for me to buy because of the title issue.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Yea being no reserve, Im actually considering it too... No idea why though haha
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

wow.... $18,500 on a salvage titled cabrio
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

i could have bought it 3 mos ago for 15k. this was before anyone knew it was salvage. being that i have seen and driven the car in person, i would say it oversold by about 6-7 grand. keep in mind that i'm the guy that is always saying a certain e30 is worth more than everyone else on the forum.

hope the buyer doesn't feel any remorse when they see it. lol. happy for chris @ sin city though.

i think i'll offer my mtech 2 on bat when i'm ready to sell.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            i think i'll offer my mtech 2 on bat when i'm ready to sell.
                            Im thinking the same, once my car is BAR legal. It seems like many are willing to spend good money on a legal car. That other one wasnt even legal but having a fresh smog cert. I think helped drive that price high. Crazy stuff with the E30s lately and it seems like the money isnt getting spent on the Porsches as much as it has been lately.

Did you see the MG go for $1750??? crazy
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

$18.5k! Those guys really wanted an M3 vert replica! Ya know to those who aren't in the scene it looks like a solid buy considering what M3's and other M3 vert replicas are going for. Sure one could build it for less but not everyone has the time to do all that. Congrats to the seller. Quick, everyone throw on M3 panels!!!
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Honestly with the way the E30s have sold on there Im most likely selling my car on there. Theres one guy whos pretty serious locally, but both he and BaT will wait until its BAR legal before its offered up. I will give him first shot and if he doesnt like my price or declines, I will let the auction decide.

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love my E30 but Im ready for the next project car and I already know what I want. I almost missed my chance to get it a few years ago and its there if I want it, albeit a bit more expensive so nows the time
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X