Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1987 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #16,348.

Not sure how this one slipped through the cracks
    Attached Files
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h
      That's that crazy seller who wrote on craiglist that this was henna!

The rear badge has been replaced.

For years he argue with everyone....but now I see why....it doesnt say henna....sonderlack?

lets see how much he gets.

Sonderlack is just special order paint.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Not sure how this one slipped through the cracks
        Not too salty because I know my vert isn't worth much to others what it is to me and I honestly didn't expect BAT to accept it but I figured why not try. I'm just wondering what makes this vert more appealing than others. I was denied due to "high mileage"

Link to mine:
        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=427972

Comment

Originally posted by Juganator View Post
          Not too salty because I know my vert isn't worth much to others what it is to me and I honestly didn't expect BAT to accept it but I figured why not try. I'm just wondering what makes this vert more appealing than others. I was denied due to "high mileage"

Link to mine:
          https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=427972
          Other than the clearcoat failure I don't see any valid reason that they would not want to take a cut from your car selling. OTOH they do need to control supply to a degree to not devalue other cars.

GLWS, looks like a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
            I need a bucket of popcorn looking at the comments section on this M3. I have to agree that the history of this particular vehicle seems a little sketchy.

Those people are f'n nuts.
            I wouldnt care if that car was Bill Auberlin's personal practice car, or if it was repainted. Car is beautiful.
            Lots of 30 year old creampuffs have been repainted.
            I like nice shiny new paint. If it was done well to me its a value add.

That thing has had two owners.

Just looking at the car itself, you would have to be an idiot to not see that car is in great shape.
            So many BAT poster "look" for drama or seem to want to make drama for the seller. God I hate the people on that site (most of them).
            Jimmy P.
            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
            92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
            98 318Ti Morea Green
            04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post

I wouldnt care if that car was Bill Auberlin's personal practice car, or if it was repainted. Car is beautiful.

Just looking at the car itself, you would have to be an idiot to not see that car is in great shape.

So many BAT poster "look" for drama or seem to want to make drama for the seller. God I hate the people on that site (most of them).

Oh I’d take it in a heart beat. And yes a good repaint is a plus for me as well. My Bronzit is getting a shiny new coat of... bronzit. I’m one of the few who likes the color and it was a must to keep the original paint code.

Some of the BAT comments do border on asinine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              90 Bronzit 325is
              16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

That low mile, early model, automatic Bronzit with accident history sold for almost 14k:rofl:

Comment

I dont know why Bronzit gets such a bad rap, or has it just become an inside joke on this forum that Im not in on?
                  Its not my favorite color, but its certainly not my least.
                  When I was shopping for a commuter car about 8 years ago a very nice Bronzit E30es was down to the final two for me. The fact that it was in GA (12 hours away) and its competitor a 318ti was 2 hours away in Philly won the day for the Philly 318ti.
                  I kind of like Bronzit when its well taken care of.
                  Jimmy P.
                  87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                  88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                  88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                  92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                  98 318Ti Morea Green
                  04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

It was a color that was hated on forever, but done right and maintained, it looks fantastic. examples are far and few though
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Oh I’m not hating on the Bronzit, Sh3rpak!ng‘s car is gorgeous in my opinion. I’m laughing that an automatic early model car sold for that much, and it wasn’t even a fully clean title. Although it only had 39k miles

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                        Oh I’m not hating on the Bronzit, Sh3rpak!ng‘s car is gorgeous in my opinion. I’m laughing that an automatic early model car sold for that much, and it wasn’t even a fully clean title. Although it only had 39k miles

I thought it would go higher. That car looks really clean.
                        1991 318iC
                        1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

There was also Pouya’s 39K Bronzit 88 325is. Time capsule sold for $14K yesterday.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                            There was also Pouya’s 39K Bronzit 88 325is. Time capsule sold for $14K yesterday.
                            I was the losing bidder.... thought it was mine after my first bid, but WAH, WAH.

Comment

I think making a dedicated thread for your car and asking those types of questions there will get more traction and more views from people who could potentially help you.
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

fyi

Be very suspect of someone selling a car on behalf of someone else. It insulates the owner from liability even though the car is sold "as is".

I got this advice from someone years ago who sold cars for a living and was use to dealing with scammers.

Oh I am sure there are valid reasons why people do such things. Could be a language barrier but often times, sadly enough, it hides ignorance and a story.

That seller went from "touch up" paint to a re-spray yesterday. The trunk emblem I am pretty sure did not come that way from the factory but without the real owner, no one knows the story.

And sure, to top things off, after 30 years, hardly any service records because the guy is some Director who now lives Rome?

Could be a good decent car. No one is taking away anything from a good respray but for $59k which is what I think he wanted, its a stretch.

That car is super sketchy for some.

And if the Director's name is Tony Montoya (I think that was the spelling), we are in for some major drama.

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post

Last edited by Javier h; 02-13-2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X