This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
    Agreed. My newer experience with bat is it can be wild. Saw a decent, certainly not mint 325is go for almost 20k a few weeks back. Then some decent cars don't even crack 10k.
    Heaven forbid the car not be 100% original.

Oh you replaced the original windshield? Oooh that's going to cost ya. Your 20K 325is just went down to 12K.

BAT is a crazy place. The comments are eye roll inducing. But we already know this. Good for a laugh tho.
    Last edited by laidback93; 04-08-2019, 11:39 AM.
    90 Bronzit 325is
    16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Could not agree more. I even got it here on rev3 on my '88 325is Lachs over a bumper swap, I have not even completed yet! Every 30 year old car is going to have a "story."

Comment

Could not agree more. I even got it here on rev3 on my '88 325is Lachs over a bumper swap, I have not even completed yet! Every 30 year old car is going to have a "story."

Hah! I remember reading the hostile posts about your bumper swap. I can’t stand diving boards so I’d be doing this same thing.

They all do have a story. My bronzit was on the verge of being another track/ drift casualty until I rescued it. Most of the hardcore E30 guys are going to think I’m crazy for dumping all the money into the restoration, but I don’t care. Was it my first color choice? No of course not. But it’s a true ‘is’ and I quickly became attached to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        90 Bronzit 325is
        16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Outstanding post! You nailed it. I really wanted an 89/90 red or white. A great car at a fair price got presented to me with the bumper swap pieces all part of the package and I could not resist. I had been looking for awhile. And I despise the diving board look, I am more of a dog paddler anyway. I will keep the original bumpers if I choose to sell down the road. And you are not crazy. The true "is" is an awesome beast worth resurrecting.

Comment

Serious tripping going on in your thread over the bumper swap. It’s your car, do what makes you happy. I’ve bought clean e30’s with stories, but who cares? They’re clean e30’s.

Comment

This is my previous 318is, which I sold last year. I took care of basically all of the maintenance and mechanical items along with a few cosmetics, and the current owner has addressed the rest of the cosmetic issues. Currently sitting at $8100 with one day left...I knew that it had the potential to bring really good money one day. Will be interesting to see what it sells for.
              Eric Giles
              '20 M2 CS
              '04 M3
              '11 X5 35D
              '87 325is
              '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
                This is my previous 318is, which I sold last year. I took care of basically all of the maintenance and mechanical items along with a few cosmetics, and the current owner has addressed the rest of the cosmetic issues. Currently sitting at $8100 with one day left...I knew that it had the potential to bring really good money one day. Will be interesting to see what it sells for.
                I am keeping close watch. Have a pair of 318is that I will be interested in selling soon. Curious what this one will close at!
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Car looks super clean. Hopefully jokester can snag it.

Comment

Don’t think I’m going to buy this one, sadly. I’d rather get a 300k mile car and carry out my plans with that than “ruin” that car by putting my turbo m54 in it :/

Sucks that car is so clean too

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
                      Hah! I remember reading the hostile posts about your bumper swap. I can’t stand diving boards so I’d be doing this same thing.
                      I looked in his thread and seen no hostile posts about the bumpers. Unless just saying no dont swap is hostile...

1992 BMW 325iC
                      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Pretty hostile when it starts with a "This." My car, period. I shall do as I see fit.

Comment

Yeah..... That is not being hostile.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Perhaps you should consult a dictionary guy. Hostile=opposed. Right in the definition. So yeah it was.

Comment

No need to be hostile. Jeez

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

hanahha outstanding retort!

Comment

Working...
                                X