This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by varg View Post
    Cripes what's the point in buying a car if you're only going to put less than a tank of gas worth of miles on it over 3 years.
    Wait until you talk to Volt owners.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      Wait until you talk to Volt owners.

Had a Volt for 3 years. Took about 10 gallons of gas every 3-4 months. Transportation appliance but was soul sucking to drive. Took an E92 AND an E30 to make up for it.
      Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
      The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
      The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
      The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

why buy an M3 and sell it 3 years later after never driving? for profit of course
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          And to that end, if it’s E10/15 or whatever crap pump gas, I’m sure it runs like crap because of all the moisture in the system from it. Or worse yet varnish and gummed up injectors.

Meanwhile, that Factory Five Daytona Coupe race car auction was full of cringeworthy comments. Just so many non-racers that should just stay out of it. Harping on a guy who was asking the weight of it (legit racecar question) but then asking why the MSD box was in the drivers compartment. So much stupid. People getting picky about the paint scheme and even the number on the (hey moron, it’s a legit racecar, you can’t always pick your number each season).

Then of course there’s the “van I register it and drive it on the street “ crowd who’ll probably just be shuttling it back and forth to cars and coffee..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Actual race car auctions usually represent some of the biggest shit shows on that site. You nailed all the highlights. The car is awesome, the commentary was painful.
          Jimmy P.
          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
          92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
          98 318Ti Morea Green
          04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

That Daytona Coupe is the thing my dreams are made of
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Nice

Bid for the chance to own a 1987 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #17,824.

Last edited by Javier h; 04-04-2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

^ bought my hardtop roof racks from him.. previously auctioned on BaT for $12k RNM
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

hope it sells this time!
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

That car has been for sale forever. I think it will fetch probably 14k this time around

Comment

It was up on craigslist San Antonio a few months back for 17500. It will be interesting to see if it gets near that.

Comment

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                        It was up on craigslist San Antonio a few months back for 17500. It will be interesting to see if it gets near that.
                        It’s been on sale on this forum since 2017

Comment

Thats right. I forgot my crystal ball.

Comment

Honestly don’t know how much it will sell for, 14k is good middle, it could sell for a lot more though who knows

Comment

Agreed. My newer experience with bat is it can be wild. Saw a decent, certainly not mint 325is go for almost 20k a few weeks back. Then some decent cars don't even crack 10k.

Comment

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                                Agreed. My newer experience with bat is it can be wild. Saw a decent, certainly not mint 325is go for almost 20k a few weeks back. Then some decent cars don't even crack 10k.
                                “You snooze, you lose” guy with the 318is comes to mind, But I think that car had a story or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X