Bumper tuck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumper tuck?

Trying to determine if this vertical has had a bummer tuck. They look a little short to me, but it just be the painted trim.
    Attached Files

Nope, that isn't tucked. Looks pretty clean.

Comment

I enjoy how you've lengthened "vert" to "vertical." (It's short for "convertible" unless that was an autocorrect thing).

But yeah, that's probably an '88 or later with the shorter shocks.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
        I enjoy how you've lengthened "vert" to "vertical." (It's short for "convertible" unless that was an autocorrect thing).

But yeah, that's probably an '88 or later with the shorter shocks.
        Probably autocorrect. My phone does that all the time.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Looks tucked to me, but it has been a while.

I remember diving boards earning their name.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Hard to tell from the pic, but most tuck them far in when tucked, few do a subtle tuck, so Id say they are not tucked

Comment

Actually I retract my statement... might not be... I think it's the angle of the photo giving the tucked look. When I looked closer, they don't seem tucked.
              Estoguy
              1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

I think it depends on the year. My 88's bumpers (non tucked) look very similar. IIRC prior e30's (vert's included) would have slightly extended bumpers
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                  I think it depends on the year. My 88's bumpers (non tucked) look very similar. IIRC prior e30's (vert's included) would have slightly extended bumpers
                  I'm pretty sure everything got shorter bumpers in 1988, so the 1987 would be the only year of verts with long bumpers. Then again, there never seems to be a rhyme/reason for what equipment BMW put on each car...

OP, I think all of the verts I've seen have had color matched trim on the bumpers.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Car is a 90. So, sounds like no tuck, but shorter stock shocks. I was not aware of the different shock lengths (previously owned an 87, and the bumpers definitely stuck out further) Thanks for the help.

Comment

no tuck
                      sigpic
                      323i MTEC1
                      Z3 coupe
                      E60 M5

Comment

yea its shorter shocks. i have shocks from an 89 vert on my 87 coupe, brought the bumpers in a little more than an inch.
                        Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

idk "vertical" sounds pretty cool. thats proabably what the kids are saying now adays

also no tuck
                          Originally posted by Vokuhila
                          I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

Working...
                          X