e30 320i Touring Value???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 320i Touring Value???

What's up everyone, i'm curious what the value of an 320i Touring would be these days. I shipped the car from Germany and it is currently in my possession. I drive it once a week and the car has 205,000 km's which is about 127,000 miles. M20B20 engine, no rust. Dent on the driver side door where the plastic trim runs. Car runs very well and can be daily driven as it was in Germany. Thoughts run through my head sometimes of selling it then i drive it then i take that back haha. Was just curious what the value of the car is in this market. I'll post a few pictures to show the condition of the vehicle. Thanks!

~$5000.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

What a great time to not have any extra money. I'd scoop that up in a heartbeat.
      91 318is M50 swapped
      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

I think just over 6k is reasonable to sell the car in US. Consider about 2k (2.5-3k if you have the shipper do the paperwork/move the car from the port) for shipping/fees/titling, and if you can make money, great!

Comment

Unfortunately the 2.0 six hurts the value. I'd say 7k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
            Unfortunately the 2.0 six hurts the value. I'd say 7k
            Sad fact is majority seem to be m20b20 or M4XB1X cars or diesels. Gas has always been pricey in EU. Value = eBay, as feelers are NLA here.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

$500. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

C'mon guys don't soil the deal with these inflated values..
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Nice Touring. If it truly is rust free and the interior is good, the only thing holding it back is no A/C. The smaller M20 doesn't bother me, but my 320i is noticeably slower than my 325i.

Would any of the r3v experts like to weigh in on the cost to add A/C to a non-A/C E30?

Cory
                1992 325i Cabrio
                1988 320i Touring
                2000 M5
                1977 530i
                2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                BMWCCA
                E30CCA

Comment

The 320i has a shitty engine. In fact, I think it's less appropriate in the touring than the M40. I say this because the M40 does not try to be or sound fast/is just an honest slow boat and make no attempt to seem fast while getting shitty mileage like the B20.

A/C can be added for about 1-2k in parts/labor. This is highly dependent on your access to used parts/parts cars and your willingness to basically tear down two cars for the project. Frankly, no A/C is really no problem as an owner if you outfit your touring with electric rear windows so you can get some airflow, but potential buyers get all bent out of shape over it in the US.

However, if you want a touring just get a nice one, be it diesel/petrol or whatever and put whatever engine in it when you get it stateside. IMO an M30 is the way to go, especially for a touring.

Comment

Don't go down this road...you spent the money to get that car here. Keep it and enjoy the ride for many years to come. You don't need to rev or drive fast everyday to be happy.

Comment

Working...
                    X