Should I buy this car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I buy this car?

trying to buy my first bmw. Really want to go with the e30. Is this a good asking price? I've been looking for a little bit this is one of the cleaner ones I've found. He said the clear coat is fading on the fenders. Other than that, he said that everything else is fine. Any opinions?

If he cut his price in half I would say yes.....but e30 prices are all over the map these days.

Someone spiked the punch or something cause that same car could sell for $3.5k.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

^^^ agreed.

230k on an "i"...doesn't matter how cool the cluster colors are. Torn comfort seats.

Comment

Listings like those make me feel incredibly lucky to have gotten my cars at the prices I did... Crazy.
        CENTERBAR MOTORSPORT - Check out my small Bimmer/Beamer parts and custom projects business!
        Instagram: @centerbarmotorsport
        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/centerbarmo...?ref=bookmarks

The Fleet:
        -1984 325ei Lapis
        -1991 325ix Diamond
        - 2005 X5 4.4i Black Sapphire

-1972 2002tii Fjord - SOLD 7/8/17
        -1991 325i S50 ///Sterling Silver/// - SOLD 9/15/17

The Bike:
        -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

$7700 for a high miles 325i? No.

Comment

If the ad and pics are accurate, and it the PPI reveals nothing abnormal, I think it's worth $7K.
            I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post
              If the ad and pics are accurate, and it the PPI reveals nothing abnormal, I think it's worth $7K.

Comment

It is hard to price a car like this. I had sticker shock when I saw the price. IMO buy the best version you can afford of the car you want. What has been the price range of cars you have looked at?

Comment

No. Too much money for too many miles.

Are you looking for an IS or will an I or E do?

Comment

IMO straight, clean titled, no-rust, west coast coupes with easily reversible mods are in that price range. Examples like this are few and far between.

And, I am not sure why people are balking at car with 250K on the clock - E30s are not perceptible to the same issues as lesser-quality high-mileage cars.

So, what do y'all think it's worth?
                    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Well, I've only had one E30, and I also have one MK2 Jetta, and quite frankly, compared to the Jetta, the E30 has aged like shit. It has around 270k on it, which isn't that much more than the one for sale here, and the Jetta has about twice that. I honestly cannot believe the number of things that have broken on my E30, considering how well built it is supposed to be. My Jetta is simpler than the E30, so there is less to go wrong, but even so, as far as build quality goes, I'd have to say my Jetta (German not Mexican) is definitely the better of the two. Your mileage may vary.

My E30 may not be representative of all E30s, but I can't recommend buying a high mileage E30 to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                        Well, I've only had one E30, and I also have one MK2 Jetta, and quite frankly, compared to the Jetta, the E30 has aged like shit. It has around 270k on it, which isn't that much more than the one for sale here, and the Jetta has about twice that. I honestly cannot believe the number of things that have broken on my E30, considering how well built it is supposed to be. My Jetta is simpler than the E30, so there is less to go wrong, but even so, as far as build quality goes, I'd have to say my Jetta (German not Mexican) is definitely the better of the two. Your mileage may vary.

My E30 may not be representative of all E30s, but I can't recommend buying a high mileage E30 to anyone.
                        this hasn't been my experience at all. i've had more of them than i can count on all my fingers and toes. i replace the consumables, fix what is broken, and i find they are very reliable cars.

that is a pretty nice looking car but it is not a 7 thousand dollar car. maybe 4700.00 tops.
                        Last edited by flyboyx; 05-18-2016, 07:28 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Price is too high for comfort seats and that kind of mileage.

Comment

These cars aren't getting newer, 230k is not a lot for a 25 year old car
                            Continuous For Sale Thread
                            323i s50

Comment

4K top.
                              sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                              1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                              1991 318is - Sold
                              1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Working...