I Got Robbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    This is why i don't leave anything in my cars.
    This. Never leave anything in sight.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

may they catch a dehabilitating infection from cutting themselves with your knife.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Sorry to see the pain. I suffered the loss of a bottlecap stolen off of one of my cars in my driveway. Was quiet angry about it, I would have given it to the person had they just asked vs stealing it.

After that I installed a camera system on property.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I mean you could go all detective and find the person; i know it adds insult to injury but that the reality if you want your shit back. Fencing that stuff would be hard to do as the stolen items are unique and expensive. If it was a addict (IMO it would be given the circumstances) that crow bar and bag is going to be quite obvious and still within the general area. I would ask around to see if this has been happening recently; and of course always check craigslist, ebay, pawnshops etc. if it happened once and they got away with it then it will most likely happen again.
          Sorry that happened, and good luck
          #Treadlifematters

Comment

I would not bother trying to find the person or people who did this. Seattle is a big area and chances are that if you find the person who did this, you will end up with a gun stuck in your face.

I moved to NYC with my first nice car in 1979: new 1979 320i. I remember being parked on the street for only 5 minutes. When I returned, the passenger side window was busted out and the Blaupunkt deck was yanked out of the center console which messed up the air conditioning controls. I drove the car around without the stereo for a few weeks and noticed that people were beginning to place "No Radio" signs on their windshields so that the thieves would not break the windows in their cars. I recall thinking to myself: "I have to get one of those signs." However, I never got the chance; the whole car was stolen shortly thereafter. It took awhile to get over this experience.

Is Seattle in 2016 as bad as NYC in 1979? Probably.
            Last edited by mark1991; 09-20-2016, 11:59 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

this sucks, sorry to hear it happened.

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
              Id rather get attacked so I have a chance to fight back.
              you'd rather go the hospital and/or spend months dealing with a court trial than replace your car door?

Comment

Damn,

Sorry about your loss.
                1990 325i
                2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                sigpic

Comment

That sucks man... Especially about that B pillar...

One time someone broke into my e30 and I forgot my wallet in the car. 2 years later, in the middle of the night, while I was drunk, I got a call from a detective that found my shit!

Maybe the planets will align and your stuff will turn up, if this guy or girl is constantly stealing shit.
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                    I would be very, very upset if I came out to that. The damage to the pillar is enraging as you'll likely need a new door.
                    while infuriating, that piece is actually separate from the door. there's a trim piece and also the track for the window. Hopefully they didn't affect the frame.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                    X