Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    Finally got around to checking it out.

I think they killed it in Ep. 1. I'm half way through episode 2 and not really paying attention.

Anywho, I'm just glad to have the "Crew" back together. Regardless of the name of the show, or the setting, they will be entertaining together.
    Your reaction has been how I've felt about all of the episodes. First one, awesome. Since then, I find myself constantly getting distracted and it's because the show just isn't holding my attention.

Comment

I'm still a little behind, but I watched the two part special they did. Am I the only one that thought it was a little dull? Too much fat, not enough meat.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
        I'm still a little behind, but I watched the two part special they did. Am I the only one that thought it was a little dull? Too much fat, not enough meat.

I think it's just stale.
        Derek-

Comment

Just saw that they reviewed the Alfa Giulia, been eyeing it since the dealership sent me a brochure.

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
            I think it's just stale.
            Yup. Overall, I think it's about the same level of quality as the last few years of TG, which were okay, but not really that great compared to earlier seasons.

Comment

It's just TOO scripted. And obviously I know it is, and always has been, but it seemed like at least on the original TG they were just normal guys BSing about crazy cars that us common folk could never be able to drive, let alone own.

With the new series, it's way more obvious there's a whole team behind them, not only writing their lines, but fixing/modifying their cars or getting them into trouble.

The "Celebrity Brain Crash" canned (and "So he's not coming on then??") responses don't help things. I know a TV show is going to be scripted, but at least the original TG seemed to make it so much more NATURAL, which GT hasn't done...yet.

The show has been getting better and I really hope it continues on the same path. We'll see.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
              '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
              '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
              '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

For me, it just didn't have the laidback feel I see watching older Top Gear episodes.

Some of my favorite parts were the news segments when you could see they ventured off the script (and you'd see Clarkson falling off his chair laughing) or the same with the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  For me, it just didn't have the laidback feel I see watching older Top Gear episodes.

Some of my favorite parts were the news segments when you could see they ventured off the script (and you'd see Clarkson falling off his chair laughing) or the same with the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

I feel quite the same about the news segments, though I always hated the SRPC segment. Truly missed the mark on me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still thankful that we have a show like this. Happy to see "the crew" together, and can deal with the overly Americanized parts to see through to the core of what the show is about. Cars.
                  Derek-

Comment

Why the F do they film their challenges and reviews in countries OTHER THAN the one where the traveling tent/studio is located? That's just defeating the whole point of the studio being mobile.

Did anyone else really dig the wheels on Clarkson's Biturbo?
                    Last edited by Aleman; 01-21-2017, 08:39 PM.
                    R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                    └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                      Why the F do they film their challenges and reviews in countries OTHER THAN the one where the traveling tent/studio is located? That's just defeating the whole point of the studio being mobile.
                      Valid point, though I'm assuming it's because the films are at least a couple of episodes ahead since they have to be produced for viewing by the audience. For the Nashville taping we were shown the "MGD / The Excellent" film as an appetizer; "Dumb Fight at the O.K. Coral" was the main attraction.
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                        Valid point, though I'm assuming it's because the films are at least a couple of episodes ahead since they have to be produced for viewing by the audience. For the Nashville taping we were shown the "MGD / The Excellent" film as an appetizer; "Dumb Fight at the O.K. Coral" was the main attraction.

Im assuming you cant get a pic with them

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                          Im assuming you cant get a pic with them
                          Nope. Cameras and/or cell phones are prohibited in the studio.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                            Nope. Cameras and/or cell phones are prohibited in the studio.
                            you get wanded before going in?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                              you get wanded before going in?
                              Yep

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
                                Chris Evans should replace "The American"...
                                Im gonna hope you meant Chriss Harris, Evans cant drive lul.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X