Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I crashed my E30 and need help from knowledgeable people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    Truth.

When I was 16, had a '67 Chevy II Nova, not shortly after getting it, was out with a friend going way to fast on Airport Way here in Portland. It had just been completed (the road, not the car) and had just rained. I overcooked a corner, the ass-end came around, I over corrected and put the car in to a berm, taking out a plastic city water pipe head..

Screwed up the front suspension bad.. After my friend finished laughing at me, we called a tow truck, and took the car home. I eventually fixed everything on the car, and made it drive-able again enough so I could wreck it a few more times.

It's a learning experience, any one who says they never did something similar are either A) Lying, or B) should be driving a Camry.

The good thing out of all this, is nobody got seriously injured, and everything is fixable. Most of it you can do yourself (I agree, offer to fix the fence and mailbox yourself.) The other car, you'll have to pay for, and insurance will be expensive, but like others have said - we've all been there.
    I agree I remember the first time I way over drove my car through an on ramp an slide into the curb blowing my tire out. Parents were away and had to lie and say that there was a nail and I got a flat.

It also got me away from huge stereo systems since it took me forever to get the false floor out that I put in to hide the wiring just to get to the spare.

Ahhh 16yo problems!
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      lol.

just the smell.

definitely...... the smell.
      Nearly sig worthy
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
        The roads are horrible there are no pavement race tracks not that i know of at least.
        Oregon Raceway Park, Madras (1/8 mile drag strip), Jackson County Sports Park does occasional stuff.

I would look at some of the events at ORP and see what they got for driver training.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Great learning experience and attitude. Most of us have our own story of being young and crashing a car. In my case I had a very nice 86 RX7 that was in perfect condition that got crashed (circa 2001), so I can relate.

Also, if you have a need for speed and you live in Bend, Oregon, it's time to start mountain biking. Bend is one of the best possible places to be in the US for that sport.
          drvn2wn

Comment

Rear ended a friend in my first brand new car at 18 with only 300 miles on it.

It was a Sunfire, but it was my Sunfire. Times were tough and I needed a commuter to get me to and from work to pay for the shit I wanted.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Can't see the pics right now unfortunately, but if the others are saying the car is fixable, it almost certainly is.

Definitely make right with your neighbours and the other car owner first. Good for you for taking responsibility.

Then, get to work on getting your car fixed. The bright side, as stated several times is that you had a learning experience and fortunately did not hurt yourself or anyone else. Having to make things right and fixing your stuff will make you appreciate driving and the car even more when all is good.

If you can afford it, sign up for some driver training, or if you know someone who's good at it, see if they'll help you learn. If you're really on a budget after the above fixing and repairs, there is always the internet. There are good YouTube Channels and web pages that can teach you things about driving.

Good luck with everything!
              Estoguy
              1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

I don't think this has been said, but it should be said. Driver training courses are meant to increase defensive driving capability and car control in an emergency; they are not meant to increase road speeds on a regular basis.
                Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I rolled my IX down a fucking hillside at 17 lol
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                    I rolled my IX down a fucking hillside at 17 lol
                    Were you the one with the "they see me rollin" sig?
                    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

^ That was Justin.
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Yeah, not me.

I wish I could find the video of it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

OP, this thread might help you out: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=403063

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
                            Well yea a few wires are completely unplugged so thats why I'm hoping its grounds and stuff. There are wires hanging under the car they aren't torn but unplugged.
                            Sounds like that's your first port of call - plug the wires back in!

If you do an online search, you can also find there's e30 electrical troubleshooting guides that cover many years and engine combinations. Just search for e30 electrical trouble shooting guide.'

The damage on your car is pretty minimal really - you're lucky the bonnet and guard weren't bent. The bumper and valance are easy to replace. The back will be tougher to sort out, but just refitting another tail light would get it sorted & legal. Sort the dents later.

You'll be ok - many of us have been there, whether people are willing to admit it or not. I rolled my parents car when I was 17. It was written off, and they had no insurance so I just had to raid my savings that I'd been working towards for two years to buy my own car.

Hurt at the time, but I learned a lesson (and was thankful to be alive seeing as where I rolled it was a notorious black spot where numerous fatalities had occurred).
                            Last edited by lukeADE335i; 02-28-2017, 03:34 PM.
                            My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

...man, someone needs to put all these stories together in some sort of book. Call it something like

"My first car (and how I destroyed it) - tales from your early days behind the wheel."

Just make it a collection of short stories, there's probably a treasure trove of good bathroom reading material there.
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                                ...man, someone needs to put all these stories together in some sort of book. Call it something like

"My first car (and how I destroyed it) - tales from your early days behind the wheel."

Just make it a collection of short stories, there's probably a treasure trove of good bathroom reading material there.

Start a thread, I'm sure there are some good ones out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X