No announcement yet.

Need an E30 for Prom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been quite entertaining to have my coffee to..
    hahahaha...

CAPP :-)

Comment

This has been quite entertaining to have my coffee to..
      hahahaha...

CAPP :-)

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
        lol this screams past insecurities to me.

Probably true..

I heard (or read) somewhere a great quote which pretty much sums up why I didn't then and still don't really care about what happened back in HS. Guy attended his reunion, and said "It looked like there had been an eating contest after graduation, and everyone was a winner!"

Funny thing is, my wife was the same way at her HS, didn't care about any of the Pomp and school spirit garbage. And believe me, we are doing far better than the majority of people we graduated with..
        Last edited by djjerme; 04-14-2017, 10:39 AM.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

you can use mine if you come to california, drop in an m42, top it off when youre done.

oh and pay the registration which is coming up in a couple of months

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            Probably true..

I heard (or read) somewhere a great quote which pretty much sums up why I didn't then and still don't really care about what happened back in HS. Guy attended his reunion, and said "It looked like their had been an eating contest after graduation, and everyone was a winner!"

Funny thing is, my wife was the same way at her HS, didn't care about any of the Pomp and school spirit garbage. And believe me, we are doing far better than the majority of people we graduated with..
            I never went to my reunion (which was last year). I don't think there was even one to begin with that I'm aware of. You're most likely right about the massive weight gain with a majority of the people. I've seen a few of former classmates in public and there are some pretty drastic changes that I'm fortunate enough to have not had to go through.
            1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
            2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
            2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

OP, drive something that is yours or your parents so you don't have any issues. A girl won't care what you drive because that isn't going to be the memorable part of the night. It is the time you spend with her that will matter.
              1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
              2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
              2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

OP, drive something that is yours or your parents so you don't have any issues. A girl won't care what you drive because that isn't going to be the memorable part of the night. It is the time you spend with her that will matter.

Are you a motivational speaker? This is a bit soft for r3v. Lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Hey, you can use mine for free and do what ever you want in it!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh damn, you're in Chicago. What a bummer..
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

lol I showed up to my private HS reunion maybe 5 years out? It was close to my house so I walked over in shorts and t shirt with a ratty hoodie. It was at a local bar. Legit everyone else there was wearing khakis and buttondowns looking all adulty and so forth like it was a godamn job interview. I just laughed and proceeded to drink the free beer. People were surprisingly nice. Oh and I brought my GF even though it was an all boys school. Figured it was just at the bar like normal. Nope, reserved room upstairs and my girl was the only one there. It was quite awkward but she was cute so it was good.

Comment

Or just get her booze and you'll be her hero.
                      Steve • Toronto
                      1991 318is • Brillantrot
                      Build Thread

Comment

she'll like a smirnoff ice way more than a shitty old bmw
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I tried taking my E30 to my prom like ~ 3 years ago. The heater hose behind the engine blew on my way to pick up my date.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            she'll like a smirnoff ice way more than a shitty old bmw
                            Steve • Toronto
                            1991 318is • Brillantrot
                            Build Thread

Comment

If you cannot find an e30 local, download an app called Turo.

It is like airbnb but for cars. I just used it to book a trip to Portland at the end of June. Lots of cars to choose from, I went with a 2013 328i convertible for $55 per day. I don't need the newest, obviously I am an e30 guy. While I would rather drive in my car, the newer vert should be fun for a pacific coast highway run through Oregon, Portland to the coast and all the way down to Brookings, then over to Grant's pass, medford and back. I rented it for a week and get 1K miles.

If you want to impress her rent a Tesla or something for the night. Make it the weekend. The insurance is cheap on the site and covers a million dollars so if you put it in lake Michigan you are good.
                              sigpic
                              Gun control means using both hands
                              Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Rent a limo. Probably cheaper than renting an E30 from someone, IF you could actually find someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X