E21 engine bay wire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E21 engine bay wire question

I know this is an e30 forum but I'm sure some of you guys have owned an e21 in the past, so I could use your help.

I just bought my first e21 and found this wire hanging lose around the alternator area. Look like the previous owner cut the wire and clamp in a small gauge wire to the end. The car start and is running great, so I'm stumped where it should be hook up to.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

something aftermarket?
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
      something aftermarket?
      Yes, by the look of it, it was cut and wrapped in black electric tape. You can see the contrast between the gray and electric tape.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
      Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

either an aftermarket alarm that maybe was controlling the alternator or maybe an oil pressure switch that broke off the block?

Comment

in the past
          What is this 'past' you speak of???

Given that it's coming out of a factory harness, are you sure it's not the charge
          light/exciter for the alternator? What's the color(S) before the buttheadsplice?

I can look under the hood of mine tomorrow...

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Blue is alternator Field wire. Check that you’re getting 13-14v while running

Comment

Working...
            X