Opinion On Potential '87 325is Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by og8790 View Post
    Does anyone here have any experience fixing the AC in their e30?
    It's not hard to do, just replace all of the components, lines too if they're pre R134, if it's been open to the air. Budget 700-900 for the job depending on lines.

Comment

Pretty sure someone is selling a "kit" right now in the classifieds for 4-500 IIRC
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I've updated the original post. Any feedback would be great.

Comment

The alpinweiß is a tough one. White paint lasts forever, cardinal interior is very desireable. I think it’s a $5k car, too many miles and not put together enough for $7.

Dash is a big deduct, glove box is another, wheels need refreshing, front air lip is gone and pricey to get a new one paint matched.
          My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
          I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

I'd shoot for the Alpine/Cardinal one, much more desirable color combo, but I'd try to get him down into the $5.5-6k range. Looks like he's done timing belt, alternator, brakes, some other maintenance type stuff leaving you with a good starting point. Dash and glovebox can be replaced in one weekend (or an afternoon if you've done it before), you'd probably upgrade the wheels regardless, and a new front lip painted up is only a few hundred bucks.

Personally, I like cars that are as unmodified as possible so that you can make it whatever you want rather than being stuck with the decisions (often poor ones) of the previous owner.

Comment

Thanks for the replies on the white one. I'm leaning towards that one because it reminds me of my first car. 1986 300zx Turbo with the burgundy interior. Bouncy suspension sounds like a good time for coilovers.

Comment

Working...
              X