E30 M20 ITB Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
    Any possibility of getting a 24V adapter going to take s54 throttle bodies?
    S54 throttles are way too big for the capabilities of a typical 24v swap.

IMO - and sorry, OP - RHD is already the "cheaper" ITB option. I suppose there are users now that are not familliar with the Dbilias ITB kit - not only was it super expensive (far more than RHD), it worked so poorly it was hardly better than stock.

Many big budget strokers were built around it - and none broke 200whp. RHD did that with a stock 2.5l M20. I just can't imagine somebody doing as good or better at a significantly lower cost. If you're $100l less - big deal. People will use what we know works.

RHD actually works, and the quality is excellent - you may be able to do "ITBs" cheaper, but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Maybe design a zero lag supercharger instead. Or maybe a "drift kit" for a 325e. ;)

Actually, if you want a *real* idea - reproduce parts that are either NLA or so expensive, they may as well be. The list of NLA parts that are critical to E30 ownership gets longer by the day..
    Last edited by nando; 08-05-2018, 09:52 PM.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

woah!

They even have itb for m30s.

someone pleease dyno that.

Comment

You could come up with curved runners and associated airbox to make fitment of the air box easier/better but it's not going to be something that lends itself to machining or being cheap
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Just a quick note for anyone who may stumble upon this thread in the future - the survey is now closed, but I did get a total of 34 responses. Thank you to those who took the time to help the development.

Comment

Just noticed you are in London Ontario. I you are looking for an M42 car to help in developing an M42 ITB setup let me know. I've been looking to do ITB's for a while now.
            Steve • Toronto
            1991 318is • Brillantrot
            Build Thread

Comment

Working...
            X