Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of 64,000 mile car?

Hey guys,

After seeing the 68k mile car for sale, I decided I might as well ask and see if anybody would like to estimate the value of my car. I need to decide if I should sell it and buy a different car, or build this one.

-1968 325e
    -Rebuilt head
    -Auto
    -New Nason paint (coming soon)
    -New front fenders (coming coon)
    -New brake lines
    -Pacific blue houndstooth interior
    -Arktisblau metallic exterior
    -Stainless braided brake lines
    -Ireland Engineering subframe bushings
    -Eibach springs and new shocks (awaiting install)

Pics in another post.
    Last edited by Andre3127; 11-30-2018, 09:09 PM.
    Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Supposing this car was restored to near factory condition with light upgrades, what would you pay for it?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181124_190138_592.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	7198424Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181124_190138_583.jpg
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	7198425Click image for larger version

Name:	20181124_141559.jpg
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	7198426

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Comment

I dont see how putting the money into restoring this car would be worth it. 4 door automatic eta in a not very desirable color combo. Can you prove the mileage to be accurate? Its pretty easy to get into the clusters and set mileage to whatever you want. I feel like ive seen this car on NY craigslist forever for about $1500.

The Build:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

IMHO to get any extra cash from the low mileage, the car needs to be factory mint (ie. a survivor car, with factory paint etc. etc.).

Restored is restored. When a car has clearly sat out in the elements like that one has, it's likely to need a lot replaced at which point it's really not worth anything extra over a higher mileage, restored car.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by ttrousdell View Post
          I dont see how putting the money into restoring this car would be worth it. 4 door automatic eta in a not very desirable color combo. Can you prove the mileage to be accurate? Its pretty easy to get into the clusters and set mileage to whatever you want. I feel like ive seen this car on NY craigslist forever for about $1500.
          Yup, this is the same car that was on craigslist. It runs a whole lot better than it did before.

My thoughts are similar to yours, but I'm glad to hear the same opinions from others.

Not to worry, I already have a 325is motor and getrag 260 sitting in the barn. I need to track down a faster rack now.

Comment

Just remember, once you swap it the car will cease to be a low mileage car and become a "modified" car, no matter if your mods are OE or make the car better. Also, from a long time sedan owner, very few people desire them for whatever reason.

Comment

Why does a 64,000 mile car need a rebuilt head?

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                Why does a 64,000 mile car need a rebuilt head?
                Good question, and I dont have an answer. The cam was destroyed, one lobe was severely grooved. That cam lobe had a replacement rocker in it.

This car was never teenager owned until I got my hands on it. I really have no idea how that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                  Also, from a long time sedan owner, very few people desire them for whatever reason.
                  It's an interesting one that. The coupe and sedan are virtually the same shape, they drive almost identically (with the sedan actually being less flexy than the coupe), and depending on your situation the sedan is actually the better option - yet the coupes are more desirable and subsequently more expensive.

It's not like the contrast between say an e90 vs an e92, where they're quite different looking cars in a lot of ways.
                  My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

All E30s were classified as sedans - even the M3. There is no such thing as an E30 coupe - but I get what you guys mean.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                      It's an interesting one that. The coupe and sedan are virtually the same shape, they drive almost identically (with the sedan actually being less flexy than the coupe), and depending on your situation the sedan is actually the better option - yet the coupes are more desirable and subsequently more expensive.

It's not like the contrast between say an e90 vs an e92, where they're quite different looking cars in a lot of ways.
                      I agree, and I actually looked for a four door. I'm a collegiate NCAA rifle shooter, so I needed the rear doors to take rifle cases in and out of the back seats. I also think sedans look better too.

Comment

Sounds like the only thing low milage about the car is maybe the odometer.

Just put it in order. Drive it and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                          Sounds like the only thing low milage about the car is maybe the odometer.

Just put it in order. Drive it and enjoy.
                          The carfax checks out. Its low mileage, and the interior shows it. The engine bores look brand new. This car lived in Canada and in the salt belt. Its rusty from salt and neglect, not high mileage. Not that that's any better though.

Comment

Carfax means nothing. Esp in Canada as many cars weren't even registered with it until 2000. Seems the front fenders were either swapped out or had signals added to them.
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                              Carfax means nothing. Esp in Canada as many cars weren't even registered with it until 2000. Seems the front fenders were either swapped out or had signals added to them.
                              I'm the third owner. It was owned by an older man, then a father and son who bought it as a project and ruined it, then I got it. I've torn apart many m20's of various ages. From what I can tell, this car is genuinely a 64k car. It was just neglected all its life.

I have been told that the fender repeaters may have some factory on Canadian market cars, but I cannot verify this. I like them though, and I'm going to keep them on the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X