Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 series coming to the US with a bang...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaguer
    replied
    Video HERE .

Leave a comment:

• Ryosuke
    replied
    I like the 135i 3dr personally. I don't know if some of you guys were serious about the motor swap though because that would be damn near impossible.

Leave a comment:

• CleanAzzE30z
    replied
    Damn that coupe is nice.

Mariano

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    I love the 1 series, I saw them all over in Australia. They are awesome, and with the 2.0 diesel you can get about 50mpg no problems. BTW if you want to see something really cool, check out the 5.0 V8 from the M5 that Hartge stuffed in to a 1 series:
    http://www.europeancarweb.com/featur..._v8/index.html

Leave a comment:

• Wolfgang
    replied

E87(?) 1-series Coupe
    Wheelbase: 2660mm
    Length: 4360mm
    Width: 1751mm
    Height: 1430mm

E30 3-series Coupe
    Wheelbase: 2570mm
    Length: 4325mm
    Width: 1645mm
    Height: 1380mm

And, just for comparison...

E90 3-series Coupe
    Wheelbase: 2760mm (!)
    Length: 4580mm (!!)
    Width: 1782mm
    Height: 1395mm

Leave a comment:

• SandyEggoE30Girl
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post

This car is very appealing to me. I'd take it over any VW or Honda hatch. Seems a little off balance, but I really want to see it in person. I bet it's fun to drive.
    The look of the three door is really nice, and it appeals to me because I always need cargo space for my work.
    My lease is coming up on my **coughcough** rover pos, and I need something new to replace it. About a year ago I went to this BMW X3, and new 3 Series event in Balboa park (mainly to look at the x3) and I was really disappointed that BMW is making such crap.
    It will be interesting to see if the three door does make it here, and if it compares to the quality of the x3?

If it suxs then I will probably lease a new jeep or passat wagon?

Leave a comment:

• Ablice
    replied
    After the...

3 series: E36
    5 series: E34
    6 series: E24...only two models, so....
    7 series: E38
    8 series: E31 << OH YEAH

After those models, BMWs ceased to look like BMWs anymore.

Leave a comment:

• BimmerToad
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
    I think the roof line looks too bulbous and the headlights/grill porportions are off.
    The proportions of the front end are a bit off, but overall the front end is a decent design. I think the extended corner of the headlights is what throws off the balance of the front end.

Overall, I'm much more impressed with the coupe than the weird looking 3 and 5 door.

Leave a comment:

• c0rnfl4k3
    replied
    from the window line up looks like and e46 to me.

Leave a comment:

• craig4ie
    replied
    Dammit, now I have to choose between the 3 door and the coupe.

The styling is a bit off but everything else about this car is so right. A 300hp E30 with a factory warranty!!!

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwave
    replied
    I think the roof line looks too bulbous and the headlights/grill porportions are off.

Leave a comment:

• E30 Wagen
    Guest replied
    It's like the perfect blend between the proportions of an e30 and the style of an e92. Looks amazing if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwave
    replied
    Looks like a cartoon version of the E92. I have been a big fan of all the recent BMW releases (I'm a Bangle fan) but I can't get down with the 1 series coupe... yet.

Leave a comment:

• BimmerToad
    replied
    Updated press release, with leaked pictures of the coupe :D

A 135i coupe w/ an aftermarket LSD would make for a fun daily

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/27/t...-series-coupe/

Leave a comment:

• jflip2002
    replied
    So sick, I like it. We test drove a 335i the other day, and that thing seemed fast, I can imagine in the 1 series. Especially with an M/sport package, with a nicer aero kit, that thing would be sweet. Whens the projected release date in the US? Hopefully soon, and maybe the fiance could get that from her Nana for wrecking the camaro lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X