Magnecor Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnecor Wires

Does anyone have any experiences with Magnecor wires? Theyre alot cheaper than OEM wires. I am unsure on which to buy and whether or not they come with the pulse sensor. Any Input? http://www.apexperformance.net/cartg...t.asp?scat=248

I have them on my 86 dodge charger, but i don't know how they are on a bmw.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

ive got them on my car, they work, dont know what else to tell you
      edit: no impulse sensor
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Magnecor wires are very good, a great choice for E30's.

Comment

Which ones should I buy off of the site posted? and is the pulse sensor necessary?

Comment

necessary no but many people will say to use it, slightly better gas mileage and theres a rumor that not having it puts the ecu into "lame no power mode"
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Magnecor's provide great EMI/RFI suppression which is good for keeping the noise out of your electronics. HP gains from spark plug wires are negligible but new performance wires like these certainly don't hurt and you're fuel economy can only go up vs 10+ year old OEM wires. You can read more about them on Gustave's site, www.e30m3performance.com

I had some MSD 8.5 Super conductor wires which were really low resistance wires and they worked great but the trade off was not enough noise suppression.

BTW, for 325i's can't you remove the connector from one of the wires, reem out the impulse sensor, slide it on and reconnect the connector?
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I don't have them, but like everyone else said. I have heard they are good.
                Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

I have run them (8.5mm magnecor's) on every jeep (3) I have owned and they are very durable, extremely nice silicone exterior, and no noise interference at all with my stereo.

Comment

Yeah i'm not looking for any performance gains, i know its not there haha. I just want to know which ones to order.

Comment

Go for the 8.5 :D. They're red and look nice, haha. Probably no better than the other two though.
                      Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

Go for Ireland Engineering's wire set. Great quality and they come with a new impulse sensor already installed.

Comment

i went with 8mm blues

Comment

I'm probably just getting the 8mm black but i just want to know which ones off the site to order. They have one set for 325e and 325i, but theyre different arent they? I'll just mount the impulse sensor over the new wires.

Comment

So If I go with the Magnecor Wires will installing my current loom and adding the impulse sensor on the wires be a daunting task? What exactly is the impulse sensor?

On fap99 they have two sets available:

BOSCH Ignition Wire Set
                              84-87No Inductive pick up on #6w/o Loom Available 0.00 77.96

What is an inductive pickup??

AFTERMARKET Ignition Wire Set
                              84-87
                              IGN. WIRE SET Available 0.00 82.18

What about this set? It dosn't say if an inductive pickup/loom is included.

Which set out of the three should I go with?

the Magnecor wires are the cheapest at $40something, I just want to check on the impulse sensor and loom before I order them.

Sorry for the newbiness. I want to start doing REAL maintenance on this thing.
                              Last edited by Schniddy; 02-19-2007, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X