Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$2 of diesel to help clean the motor????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$2 of diesel to help clean the motor????

so i heard from someone i work with that adding $2 of diesel to your full tank of gas will help clean up the carbon deposits, etc in old motors.
    True?? Untrue??

I can't imagine that this would be a good idea...
    PNW Crew
    90 m3
    06 m5

Comment

i was skeptical too...it reminded me of seafoam though.

Comment

There's no way I would try this on one of my own engines. Stick with the tried and true methods like Seafoam or a bottle of Techron fuel system cleaner. If you do try it be sure to share the results though!

Comment

About 20 years ago in Russia I saw a race shop do this: Drained the oil from the engine, poured some diesel in, don't know how much and then manually turned it over a few times and dumped the diesel out, I was told at the time that that's how they clean the engine. It was a 1.3L VAZ engine used for rally races.
          sigpic

Comment

Well fuel injection cleaner is essentially diesel fuel, especially the cheap stuff, its kinda the most aggressive fuel you can run through your fuel system. More effective fuel cleaners are isolated to the fuel rail.
            Previous cars, bmw's 85 325e 93 318is
            88 suzuki samurai

Comment

i think back in the day i ran a bit of diesel threw my engine. I didnt turn the car over at all i just pured it through. Maby i just heard about doing this and i didnt really do it, i am not sure.
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Since diesel has lots of detergents in it an would be very diluted, so I can see it working. Although I would not do this my self.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Most of the FI cleaners have a ton of Kerosene in them, like Jet fuel... My dad used to run his VW hotrod on AvGas which is basically Kerosene... A little diesel shouldn't hurt anything.
                  '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                    Most of the FI cleaners have a ton of Kerosene in them, like Jet fuel... My dad used to run his VW hotrod on AvGas which is basically Kerosene... A little diesel shouldn't hurt anything.
                    Are shure dude AvGas is 110 octane low lead dyed blue????
                    Jet A is just highly purfied kerosene with some other additives in it.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

I worked as a mechanic for the city, they have access to untaxed diesel fuel (the red dyed crap that turns anything it touches red) but still use sea foam to treat the gasoline engines. Why would they not use diesel fuel if it worked as well, since it is obviously a much cheaper alternative?

If you do however attempt this, make sure you get your diesel from a good source, like a truck stop. Your average gas station does not pump enough diesel. Last thing you want is some jell-o in the fuel system.

Comment

ya, i'm probably not going to try it.
                        seafoam is what i might go for.

Comment

someone try it in thier ETA. it couldnt make it any worse ;)

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post

Ask Diego about that one. Oh don't forget in winter time it has a chemical to eat the bacteria in the fuel.

Comment

Ive heard pouring a little tranny fluid in your head (where you fill the oil) is good for cleaning deposits. i hear a lot of things.
                              Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

Working...
                              X