Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

e30 Sedan vs. Coupe - which would you start with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 Sedan vs. Coupe - which would you start with?

I've decided that an e30 would be a BLAST to own. I'm undecided on which I should start with - a coupe or a sedan? I will be hauling people around on occassion, but climbing in back isn't necessarily the end of the world.

If you were going to buy and mod an 89+ e30 of your choice, would it be a coupe or sedan?

-Evan
    Coupe.
    51.88%
    Sedan.
    31.58%
    Either.
    16.54%
    1992 525i 5speed: Sold :: 1996 328i 5speed: Sold :: 1997 540i 6speed: Sold :: 1995 M3ti 5speed: Sold :: 1997 328i 5speed: Sold ::

Also, please post your reasoning!

-Evan
    1992 525i 5speed: Sold :: 1996 328i 5speed: Sold :: 1997 540i 6speed: Sold :: 1995 M3ti 5speed: Sold :: 1997 328i 5speed: Sold ::

Comment

Coupe!

Reason?4 doors are family cars

94 316i Touring M52B28
      Made in Germany perfected in Britain!

Comment

e30 coupes > e30 sedans

Comment

2dr, cause your buying it for yourself not others. Or you could go with a convertble.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
            2dr, cause your buying it for yourself not others. Or you could go with a convertble.
            I intentionally didn't put in an option for verts :D

Comment

The coupe looks better ;)
              I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Coupe. 4 doors dont have any extra room in the back anyways, so if theyre cramped as it is, they might as well climb in.
                Back to my roots

Comment

I cast my vote for the coupe simply because I've owned 3 of them. In terms of styling, my order of preference is: coupe, 'vert, 4-door. In its defense, there are some good reasons for the sedan. Namely...

1. practical
                  2. fixed back racing seats won't hinder back seat access
                  3. if made into a street/track car, the rear doors makes toting the extra set of wheels/tires a snap...even if you had a basic 4-point cage

Now as time goes on and more E30s fall into hands of neglecting owners, the 4-doors are going to be the nicer examples since they tend to be long-term family owned cars which were maintained properly. There are a few late model E30 sedans in my area which look real sharp - garaged most their life and usually a family guy (or gal) behind the wheel.

Jon
                  Rides...
                  1991 325i - sold :(
                  2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

coupe, 2drs look better (my opinion)
                    sigpic C.3.C.

Comment

I like my sedan simply because I can easily access stuff from the back seat like my brief case or packages or groceries, etc. without having to bend over and climb into the car. Also, if I am carting passengers, I do not like having to get out of the car or making the front seat passenger get out of the car in order to pick someone up or drop them off.

Comment

Sedan. It's different.

Go to an E30 meet and you'll see mostly coupes. Tastefully mod a sedan and you'll stand out.

I do think the coupe is better-looking though.

Comment

I like the 2 door. I don't like carting people around except my kid and one other person in the front.
                          sigpic

Comment

i gotta go with sedan, like denton said, they stand out when clean!!

Comment

Originally posted by FifeDog236 View Post
                              Coupe. 4 doors dont have any extra room in the back anyways, so if theyre cramped as it is, they might as well climb in.
                              +1
                              My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                              There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Working...
                              X