Obscure E30 Sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obscure E30 Sites?

I seem to have reached the end of the internet... any cool, obscure E30 sites you guys wanna share? Post up. Please.
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Looks like you are cut out for e30tech .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Roadfly.
      Rides...
      1991 325i - sold :(
      2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
        Looks like you are cut out for e30tech .
        Yeah, I like that board.

Originally posted by Jon325i
        Roadfly.
        Toadfly? Surely you jest :p

I used to check RF when I had my E39. The last time I checked the RF E30 board it was a ghost town.

Comment

That would certainly fit some of the definitions of obscure then, wouldn't it? :P

Comment

e30.de has a forum, but it's all in German. e30zone.co.uk is also a pretty good forum, I lurk around there pretty frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B View Post
              That would certainly fit some of the definitions of obscure then, wouldn't it? :P
              Point, set, match.

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
              e30.de has a forum, but it's all in German. e30zone.co.uk is also a pretty good forum, I lurk around there pretty frequently.
              Cool. I'll check it out.

Peeps, these don't have to be forums. Catalog sites, parts, DIY, etc is welcome :D

Comment

How about you list all of the links you know of and then we'll all be able to help you with ones you did not list... and then go to all the other ones that we didn't have.

If you are really bored then go to cardomain.com and start systematically going to all of the e30 home pages.

I pulled this off of a Google archived site www.bmwe30.net that I could not open.
                It's "transcripts from German Engineers" building the E30.
                July 12, 1982

Helmut: They reorganized again today.
                Franz: Yah?
                Helmut: Vell, they needed to honor the job security agreement in the labor contract.
                Werner: Job security ees dah priority, nien?
                Helmut: Everyone keeps der jobs. The group that was in charge of rust for the 2002?
                Franz: Yah, I hear they are now transferred to the E30 trunk design team.

December 17, 1982

Helmut: I guess you are not putting up Christmas lights this year, eh, Franz?
                Franz: Ah, yah, after last year, so many bulbs burned out. I even bought many boxes of replacement bulbs, but they burn out too quickly. Fraulien not happy.
                Werner: Hey, I haz un idea. Maybe you could sneak out vith un box of OBC backlight bulbs from zee warehouse and use those in your Christmas lights, yah?
                Franz: Nein. Zee boss would notice they are missing.
                Helmut: Ah, but you could fill zee boxes with your cheap bulbs. No one vould notice!
                All: HA! HA! HA!

February 13, 1982

Helmut: Vee are getting pressure from zee top.
                Franz: ZZ Top?
                Helmut: Nien, zee top brass. Deh say vee are behind schedule and must hurry our design. Vee must cut some corners if vee are to launch zee model series by Fall of this year.
                Werner: Vee must cut corners, yah! No more perks or plant remodeling either. They vant us to find vays to use all available materials.
                Helmut: Yah, they even have cancelled plans to build the employee gazebo on the patio.
                Franz: How does that save materials? It was to be made of pine from the Black Forest.
                Helmut: Yah, except you forget about the hex head bolts.

April 1, 1983

Helmut: April Fool’s Day!
                Werner: Ah, you zink vee forget, no?
                Franz: Ah, vee are vay ahead of you, Helmut.
                Werner: Yah, we changed all the schematics for the intake system. We added all kinds of components and hooked them all together – air flow meter, throttle position sensor, idle stabilization valve, coolant temp sensor, coolant temp sensor, ECU, brake lining warning sensor and electric window switches. Now, if anything at all goes wrong…
                Franz: Zee idle stumbles and surges!
                All: HA! HA!! HA!!!

May 12, 1983

Helmut: You look tired, Franz...
                Franz: Yah, vorking very hard to get everything done. No sleep…AH…AH…RAHHHH-CHOOOOOO!
                Helmut: Gunsundheit!
                Franz: Vot you say?
                Helmut: Bless you.
                Franz: Oh. So, what is on the list?
                Werner: We are still having problems with the angle on the Gertag transmission to the differential.
                Helmut: I know! Maybe we can make the driveshaft in two pieces so it can bend, no?
                Franz: But that’s means another u-joint…
                Helmut: Yah, but no problem. It’ll last.

June 4, 1983

Helmut: OK, vee have just a month to go. Have we forgotten anything?
                Franz: Power harness for Service Indicator board?
                Werner: No time. I just put batteries in instead, OK?
                Helmut: Good idea. Anything else?
                Franz: Oh, oh. Cupholders!
                Helmut: For what?
                Werner: You know, Slurpees, Big Gulps, Starbucks…
                Helmut: What are those? You talk nonsense. No time for such indulgences. Leave out cupholders.

August 15, 1983

Helmut: Vell, vee go into production in the morning on zee first E30!
                Franz: Now what vill vee do?
                Werner: I am moving to special development division. Vee are looking at designing performance options and accessories – leaf blower turbos, lighted hood emblems, that sort of thing.
                Franz: I think maybe I’ll take my early retirement and invest.
                Helmut: In what?
                Franz: Maybe precious metals. I hear platinum vill be hot in the future. What about you, Helmut?
                Helmut: I am sticking around here. It’s home. Plus, they need someone to design un special head gasket for zee M42 engine. I have this idea for vhat I call a profile head gasket…
                Franz: But you have never designed a head gasket…
                Helmut: I know!

Written by: Paul "Skip" Heagen
                Last edited by NOMAD; 10-19-2007, 11:56 AM.
                '74 2002 - Build blog at
                nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

Domain name e30zone.co.uk (e30zone) is for sale at BuyDomainNames.co.uk
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by NOMAD View Post
                    How about you list all of the links you know of and then we'll all be able to help you with ones you did not list... and then go to all the other ones that we didn't have.

If you are really bored then go to cardomain.com and start systematically going to all of the e30 home pages.

I pulled this off of a Google archived site www.bmwe30.net that I could not open.
                    It's "transcripts from German Engineers" building the E30.
                    July 12, 1982

Helmut: They reorganized again today.
                    Franz: Yah?
                    Helmut: Vell, they needed to honor the job security agreement in the labor contract.
                    Werner: Job security ees dah priority, nien?
                    Helmut: Everyone keeps der jobs. The group that was in charge of rust for the 2002?
                    Franz: Yah, I hear they are now transferred to the E30 trunk design team.

December 17, 1982

Helmut: I guess you are not putting up Christmas lights this year, eh, Franz?
                    Franz: Ah, yah, after last year, so many bulbs burned out. I even bought many boxes of replacement bulbs, but they burn out too quickly. Fraulien not happy.
                    Werner: Hey, I haz un idea. Maybe you could sneak out vith un box of OBC backlight bulbs from zee warehouse and use those in your Christmas lights, yah?
                    Franz: Nein. Zee boss would notice they are missing.
                    Helmut: Ah, but you could fill zee boxes with your cheap bulbs. No one vould notice!
                    All: HA! HA! HA!

February 13, 1982

Helmut: Vee are getting pressure from zee top.
                    Franz: ZZ Top?
                    Helmut: Nien, zee top brass. Deh say vee are behind schedule and must hurry our design. Vee must cut some corners if vee are to launch zee model series by Fall of this year.
                    Werner: Vee must cut corners, yah! No more perks or plant remodeling either. They vant us to find vays to use all available materials.
                    Helmut: Yah, they even have cancelled plans to build the employee gazebo on the patio.
                    Franz: How does that save materials? It was to be made of pine from the Black Forest.
                    Helmut: Yah, except you forget about the hex head bolts.

April 1, 1983

Helmut: April Fool’s Day!
                    Werner: Ah, you zink vee forget, no?
                    Franz: Ah, vee are vay ahead of you, Helmut.
                    Werner: Yah, we changed all the schematics for the intake system. We added all kinds of components and hooked them all together – air flow meter, throttle position sensor, idle stabilization valve, coolant temp sensor, coolant temp sensor, ECU, brake lining warning sensor and electric window switches. Now, if anything at all goes wrong…
                    Franz: Zee idle stumbles and surges!

May 12, 1983

Helmut: You look tired, Franz...
                    Franz: Yah, vorking very hard to get everything done. No sleep…AH…AH…RAHHHH-CHOOOOOO!
                    Helmut: Gunsundheit!
                    Franz: Vot you say?
                    Helmut: Bless you.
                    Franz: Oh. So, what is on the list?
                    Werner: We are still having problems with the angle on the Gertag transmission to the differential.
                    Helmut: I know! Maybe we can make the driveshaft in two pieces so it can bend, no?
                    Franz: But that’s means another u-joint…
                    Helmut: Yah, but no problem. It’ll last.

June 4, 1983

Helmut: OK, vee have just a month to go. Have we forgotten anything?
                    Franz: Power harness for Service Indicator board?
                    Werner: No time. I just put batteries in instead, OK?
                    Helmut: Good idea. Anything else?
                    Franz: Oh, oh. Cupholders!
                    Helmut: For what?
                    Werner: You know, Slurpees, Big Gulps, Starbucks…
                    Helmut: What are those? You talk nonsense. No time for such indulgences. Leave out cupholders.

August 15, 1983

Helmut: Vell, vee go into production in the morning on zee first E30!
                    Franz: Now what vill vee do?
                    Werner: I am moving to special development division. Vee are looking at designing performance options and accessories – leaf blower turbos, lighted hood emblems, that sort of thing.
                    Franz: I think maybe I’ll take my early retirement and invest.
                    Helmut: In what?
                    Franz: Maybe precious metals. I hear platinum vill be hot in the future. What about you, Helmut?
                    Helmut: I am sticking around here. It’s home. Plus, they need someone to design un special head gasket for zee M42 engine. I have this idea for vhat I call a profile head gasket…
                    Franz: But you have never designed a head gasket…
                    Helmut: I know!

Written by: Paul "Skip" Heagen
                    Haha! Brilliant...

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                    :D :D

Comment

Working...
                    X