• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude that happen to me and it turn out to be a bad radiator

Comment

head issue

Comment

i have a huge scar on my hand from that same type of thing. My water pump took a shit, and it started to boil and water was getting on my alternator causing all kinds of shorts. I shut the car off, and get a rag and was going to bleed off the pressure, but apparently the crappy oem water temp was way off and it was much hotter than it read. I touched the cap and it split in half geisering boiling water in my face and all up and down my arm. i had to get a damn firetruck ride due to 3rd degree burns. bad shit...good learning experience though :(

Comment

Originally posted by boom-monkey View Post
          May also be as easy as a new radiator cap.
          I've overheated a car badly and thought I damaged my head gasket. oil was fine but coolant would constantly overflow even when not over heating from that point. I thought I was getting pressure into the system from blow by. turns out the valve in the cap failed from the overheat. bought a new cap and it was fine.

cap is the cheapest easiest fix. you can also have a shop put a special chemical meter onto your cap that tells you if your getting c02 into the system.

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

this happened to me in my eta. so i went to the junk yard and just jacked like 5 caps. all were bad except for one:D
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TwistyTunedE30 View Post
              i have a huge scar on my hand from that same type of thing. My water pump took a shit, and it started to boil and water was getting on my alternator causing all kinds of shorts. I shut the car off, and get a rag and was going to bleed off the pressure, but apparently the crappy oem water temp was way off and it was much hotter than it read. I touched the cap and it split in half geisering boiling water in my face and all up and down my arm. i had to get a damn firetruck ride due to 3rd degree burns. bad shit...good learning experience though :(

Damn

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
              1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Working...
              X