Oh, I get alot of those too. Most common are the obvious, "It says 335i in the back, are those stock from the factory?"
More annoying is when they don't understand how my car ate an R32, they keep saying, "But he has 250 horsepower, and you only have 220!"
Some people...
E30matt, there are countless BMW's in this country with "Powered by AC Schnitzer" stickers, and it's not the worse one around. Apparently, the wrench monkey who worked on the car believes he "powered" it, so, accordingly, you see some ricey BMW's with "Power by Mustapha" stickers on them. I shit you not.
I love to catch people being stupid.
Collapse
X
-
If I see one more E30 in this town with a "Bavarian Motor Works" windshield banner I will kill.Leave a comment:
-
My friend looked at pics of my M3 and said "wow, it's even got a body kit and everything on it already".Leave a comment:
-
I went to this used car lot where there was this '91(2?) Cabrio with 100k miles that had an empty tool kit, torn leather, and some other obvious defects, and he wanted $13K. I spoke with him about it to see if there was anything special I should know about the car that would explain the price. He said something about the mileage and asked me what I thought a fair price was. I told him MAYBE half of that if it ran PERFECTLY. He replied that apparently I didn't know anything about BMW's because he had been selling them for blah blah, and basically called me stupid right to my face with my wife there.
I'm serious, I wanted to sock him in the mouth.Leave a comment:
-
Some people think my red 325is is an Italian exotic.
I've had the usual, lengthy arguments with "car experts" that my car does indeed have 6 cylinders and not 4.Leave a comment:
-
3 series cars are listed as V6's all day on ebay.
In HS I owned an 91 325i, and my friend tried telling everyone it was an "old school M3". That got on my nerves and I had to squelch that real quick.
Leave a comment:
-
I have a coworker who drives an '84 318 that he bought in 1984 when he was stationed in Germany. I talked with him at length about e30's and he told me I must not know what I was talking about because BMW means BRITISH motor works and they are built in England.... I just smiled and didnt bother to correct him.Leave a comment:
-
ha ha yesterday my friend told me about the M4 he had on GT3 and how his uncle bought a new M5 with a V8 but it was an automatic.Leave a comment:
-
I love to catch people being stupid.
I was at the gym last night and some dude was working out next to me started talking to me about cars and asked me about the Z3 I drove to the gym. I told him that I had put a new engine in it and I had several BMW's that I bought and fixed up. He proceeded to tell me his uncle bought a BMW and rebuilt the engine in it and man it would really smoke the front wheels. I said what years was it? He said it was a 95. So I told him BMW doesn't make front wheel drive cars. You should have seen the look on his face.
Tags: None

Leave a comment: