I love to catch people being stupid.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • clavinZERO
    replied
    Roundel?

    Leave a comment:


  • 92 mtechnic cabrio
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    How about one not quite so stupid?

    My wife just had rotator cuff surgery and we went to visit the physical therapist. The PT said she had just recently returned from Germany where she picked up her '07 325is. She said she had to wait until october to get a 6 speed. This was her 3rd BMW...2002 first, then '90 325is, now the '07.

    We were busy doing the whole "recover from surgery" thing, so no big discussion.

    Later in the week wifey came home and said the PT asked her what a "Roudel" was.
    Well?

    What is a roudel?

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    How about one not quite so stupid?

    My wife just had rotator cuff surgery and we went to visit the physical therapist. The PT said she had just recently returned from Germany where she picked up her '07 325is. She said she had to wait until october to get a 6 speed. This was her 3rd BMW...2002 first, then '90 325is, now the '07.

    We were busy doing the whole "recover from surgery" thing, so no big discussion.

    Later in the week wifey came home and said the PT asked her what a "Roundel" was.
    Last edited by StereoInstaller1; 01-15-2008, 10:57 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • einstein57
    replied
    The only thing i get is people assuming all 3 series are 4 cylinder cars.

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta
    irony...
    True.
    I'm just going to put it out there,
    i was talking to my pal from a while back and he told me his girlfriend bought a 2008 325i. we talked for a while and then he said "yea, it sucks tho, if it were rwd i think it would be alot faster.!"
    i said "really? fwd huh? too bad BMW doesnt make fwd cars! lol"
    he said "dude, ur such a dumbass. all the 4cyl bmw's are FWD!!! i thought u were a bimmer enthoooosiast!"
    i just said "ok" and let him think he was right. no need to correct an asshole, just let him continue on thinkin he right until he learns hes not and thinks about the time i told him he was wrong and how he made an ass of himself. lol
    damn. stuff like this is really funny when u think about how often it happens

    I don't believe your friend has a girlfriend.
    It's just not possible. It is more plausible that you have beaten a mustang in your 318 i think.

    Leave a comment:


  • gobuffs
    replied
    Originally posted by lovemy318
    my little 320 is quik

    its a 2.0
    if 0-60 in 10+ seconds is quick, then, yes, your car is quick.

    Leave a comment:


  • JamesE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Justin B
    Nice new sig BTW, lots better than the old one IMO.
    Hey thanks mate, I like to keep it changing fairly often...

    Leave a comment:


  • BBY1104
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by IceStationZebra
    I really like it when people are amazed by the hood. Dude what did it take to do that?
    Had a guy ask me if i bought different hinges to reverse it, like the ones for car doors. I treid so hard not to say anything

    Leave a comment:


  • Justin B
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesE30
    Haha thats always a classic, then opening the hood right in their face.
    gold.


    I try not to talk about my e30 too much, people tent to scoff at an 18yo with a clean "BMW". A clean e30 will always look newer and more expensive to the novice, than it really is...

    I get all the usuals about the reverse hood, 6cyl, RWD, check panel ("what's that??"), etc...

    A mate of mine at uni, was complimenting me on my car, and how nice it was etc, and telling me how he has always loved e30's, and was looking into buying one. I remember him telling me about this "sick" one on ebay that had a full turbo r34 skyline engine in it, that he was thinking about buying.

    I knew the car he was talking about, early model bronzit 318i turned sr20det. drums, std shocks, comfort seats, the werkz.
    I rolled my eyes in my head and played dumb, sometimes I can't be fucked trying to explain these things to people, most of the time they think they know whats going on, and will refuse to believe otherwise...

    However every once and a while it's good to let of some tension and give someone a good talking down to.
    Ignorant people are fun to mess with though too. Nice new sig BTW, lots better than the old one IMO.

    Leave a comment:


  • IceStationZebra
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesE30
    However every once and a while it's good to let of some tension and give someone a good talking down to.

    That is too hilarious:giggle:

    Leave a comment:


  • JamesE30
    replied
    Originally posted by blueapplesoda
    I love when people stand in front of the car waiting for the hood to open that way. I just silently laugh to myself and look at the more knowledgeable with a smirk.

    Haha thats always a classic, then opening the hood right in their face.
    gold.


    I try not to talk about my e30 too much, people tent to scoff at an 18yo with a clean "BMW". A clean e30 will always look newer and more expensive to the novice, than it really is...

    I get all the usuals about the reverse hood, 6cyl, RWD, check panel ("what's that??"), etc...

    A mate of mine at uni, was complimenting me on my car, and how nice it was etc, and telling me how he has always loved e30's, and was looking into buying one. I remember him telling me about this "sick" one on ebay that had a full turbo r34 skyline engine in it, that he was thinking about buying.

    I knew the car he was talking about, early model bronzit 318i turned sr20det. drums, std shocks, comfort seats, the werkz.
    I rolled my eyes in my head and played dumb, sometimes I can't be fucked trying to explain these things to people, most of the time they think they know whats going on, and will refuse to believe otherwise...

    However every once and a while it's good to let of some tension and give someone a good talking down to.

    Leave a comment:


  • blueapplesoda
    replied
    I love when people stand in front of the car waiting for the hood to open that way. I just silently laugh to myself and look at the more knowledgeable with a smirk.

    Leave a comment:


  • IceStationZebra
    replied
    I really like it when people are amazed by the hood. Dude what did it take to do that?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jparkr
    replied
    I thought all 84 M10s were 2.0s

    Anyway, I was on a plane flying home today and I had a short argument with the guy next to me about F1.
    We were talking about F1 coming to vegas. Then it came into laguna seca
    He claimed he saw F1 at laguna last year. I said they didn't race at laguna. He "Swore" he saw them. and he said the locals were mad because the engines were loud and revved quickly and there were Ferrari's...
    I know F1 wasn't racing at laguna seca so I told him it was probably champ car or KART. he said Champ car and F1 are the same. I changed the subject.

    Leave a comment:


  • lovemy318
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Funkmasta
    what mustangs have you beaten with an 85 318?
    lol, a stock 1995 mustang. v6 i think. i know for sure it wasnt a v8

    my little 320 is quik

    its a 2.0

    i was talking to my pal from a while back and he told me his girlfriend bought a 2008 325i. we talked for a while and then he said "yea, it sucks tho, if it were rwd i think it would be alot faster.!"
    i said "really? fwd huh? too bad BMW doesnt make fwd cars! lol"
    he said "dude, ur such a dumbass. all the 4cyl bmw's are FWD!!! i thought u were a bimmer enthoooosiast!"
    i just said "ok" and let him think he was right. no need to correct an asshole, just let him continue on thinkin he right until he learns hes not and thinks about the time i told him he was wrong and how he made an ass of himself. lol
    damn. stuff like this is really funny when u think about how often it happens

    Leave a comment:

Working...