5 dead after 2008 M5 crashes at high speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least they all died fast.
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

it is sad how one stupid disscion ended all of thier lives and the car

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
        it is sad how one stupid disscion ended all of thier lives and the car
        It seems like a lot of stupid decisions led up to it
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by SS Ball3r View Post
          darwin award?
          '91 318is
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
            At least they all died fast.
            Or going fast for that matter.
            tasty

Comment

I just cant believe what the car looked like after it hit the tree.
              Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
              Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                How many of you saw this story?

Five young men died Saturday when the car they were in drove off the end of a private airstrip near Ocala, Florida, became airborne for 200 feet and slammed into an oak tree, authorities said.

This was on the 2002 message board
                (From Ocala.com)
                "Details about the tragic car crash at Greystone Airport that claimed the lives of five young men early Saturday are still emerging, and it may be some time - if ever - before investigators piece together all the pertinent facts.
                One thing is certain. The families and friends of Jacob James Casey, 19; James Devon Hime, 19; Joshua D. Ammirato, 18; Dustin J. Dawe, 19; and Isaac Rubin, 20 are devastated.
                All five were pronounced dead at the scene after an apparent high-speed crash that investigators say likely involved alcohol.
                Ammarito was driving his father's 2008 BMW M5 sedan. The $80,000 car, registered to Santo Ammarito, was traveling north on the 1.5- mile-long airstrip that actor John Travolta and others regularly use to fly in and out of Ocala.
                Florida Highway Patrol Captain Jeff Succi said there were yaw, or sideways, skid marks at the end of the runway, indicating the car turned sideways before launching over an embankment. It then sailed through the air about 200 feet before slamming into a large tree and bursting into flames.
                Troopers believe the car traveled over the 80- to 85-foot high embankment at the end of the airstrip and stuck the tree about 15 feet above the ground. The car broke into two pieces upon impact."
                Also from Ocala.com:
                "Ammarito, 18, logged onto M5board.com Thursday and Friday, asking other M5 drivers how to shift smoother in the 500-hp machine.
                "The problem is when I'm going pedal to the metal, pushing 140 and upshifting, there tends to be a thud noise with the gear change." he wrote in one post.
                Other members of the board expressed skepticism that Ammirato could have a car with a base price of $82,900 at such a young age, but warned him to take it easy until he gained more driving experience.
                Ammarito told forum members he'd had the car for about three weeks. Records show his father, Santo Ammirato, bought the car in November.
                In his posts, Joshua Ammirato listed his other cars as a 2008 BMW 535i, a 2007 BMW 335i and a 2007 Cadillac Escalade."

I just wonder if parents had thier teenage kid attend some advanced drivers training prior to giving them the keys to a new M5 with 500 HP? Tragic is an understatement.

G-Man
                I would charge that deceased kids dad with manslaughter, without a second thought. Loser rich prick let his 18 year old kid take a 500 hp car out with his buddies? He should hang, good parenting skills buddy.
                sigpic

Comment

"I would charge that deceased kids dad with manslaughter, without a second thought. Loser rich prick let his 18 year old kid take a 500 hp car out with his buddies? He should hang, good parenting skills buddy."

did it say if he new i mean the kids probably didn't ask

Comment

Wow, alot of factors. First 500hp car + teenager = oh shit, second father giving the dimwit, said 500hp car, third add friends to said 500hp car + spoiled teenager = getting air off the end of a runway.. Seriously I'm just 20 but when I was 18 there was no way I was taking my uncles m3 anywhere above 100(maybe)on any surface, freeway or backroads, and that was at night when I knew full well I might get a ticket. Trying to get top speed anywhere even on a runway without some type of training is just asking for it. Really tragic for the 4 others(although they might have spurred it) real fault lies on the driver and father. What a waste of life.
                    Originally posted by csermonet47
                    Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                      Why? You're a dick. An m5 is just a machine, but that kid and four others died. You are sad about a car but not 5 young lives? Granted, they weren't making the best decisions, but seriously man, have a fucking heart.
                      Negative on the heart, why the hell should i feel sorry for them being a bunch of douchebags. we all know the type. a bunch of leaches on society.
                      ________
                      Volcano digital vaporizer
                      Last edited by dvs909; 03-03-2011, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Natural Selection?
                        Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                        Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

Ehh. Pretty much. I feel sorry for the families, but the kids were stupid.
                          I posted this in the I CAN FLY! thread-
                          Originally posted by Justin B View Post
                          2008 Bimmer, with kids less than 20 years old. Mm yeah, no way, they're not rich and stupid! Sucks, but gene pool cleanup on isle 9. Or better yet, Runway #1.
                          :P

Comment

Originally posted by dvs909 View Post
                            Negative on the heart, why the hell should i feel sorry for them being a bunch of douchebags. we all know the type. a bunch of leaches on society.
                            Leaches to society? You are ignorant. I would like you to name what they would be "leaching" from society.
                            Originally posted by blunt
                            i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Well obviously using daddies car to kill 4 friends is a drain on society, how much you wanna bet that none of them have jobs or any social responsibility? I'd wager my E30 that those kids haven't done a lick of good for anyone in their lifetime.
                              ________
                              MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENTS
                              Last edited by dvs909; 03-03-2011, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dvs909 View Post
                                Well obviously using daddies car to kill 4 friends is a drain on society, how much you wanna bet that none of them have jobs or any social responsibility? I'd wager my E30 that those kids haven't done a lick of good for anyone in their lifetime.
                                That's kinda hard to say - but regardless of the decisions made I feel bad for the grief their families must be going through. Also, you cant say "using daddies car to kill 4 friends is a drain on society" but then be thankful that they are gone. You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Working...
                                X