No announcement yet.

Exhaust ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry, but running no muffler isn't or ever was "cool" M20s without a muffler sound like garbage.

you play, you pay. I wish you the best of luck.

U.S.C. ( )3 7521 to 7550, inclusive) and the standards and regulations adopted pursuant to that federal act, unless the motor vehicle is equipped with the required motor vehicle pollution control device ( )4 that is correctly installed and in operating condition. No person shall disconnect, modify, or alter any such required device.

7550 is the noise part, and to "measure" the exhaust gasses you need a complete/ sealed exhaust system
    I am no rocket scientist, but the way I read this is that the muffler is also part of the "exhaust pollution system", so I see it possibly going both ways.

I would try to bring a exhuast pollution test reciept (later than the ticketdate with, and pics of the exhaust section still being missing on the same time as the test. then put the exhaust section on and hope for the best.
    Last edited by mikeedler; 02-20-2008, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
      sorry, but running no muffler isn't or ever was "cool" M20s without a muffler sound like garbage.

you play, you pay. I wish you the best of luck.

U.S.C. ( )3 7521 to 7550, inclusive) and the standards and regulations adopted pursuant to that federal act, unless the motor vehicle is equipped with the required motor vehicle pollution control device ( )4 that is correctly installed and in operating condition. No person shall disconnect, modify, or alter any such required device.

7550 is the noise part, and to "measure" the exhaust gasses you need a complete/ sealed exhaust system
      I am no rocket scientist, but the way I read this is that the muffler is also part of the "exhaust pollution system", so I see it possibly going both ways.

I would try to bring a exhuast pollution test reciept (later than the ticketdate with, and pics of the exhaust section still being missing on the same time as the test. then put the exhaust section on and hope for the best.
      I agree with the pay to play, I say that all the time actually.

But if I can get away with it, then that's more money to play some more :)
      R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Went in, plead my case, case dismissed 8)
        R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
          Went in, plead my case, case dismissed 8)
          Right on!

As far as Cali being the center of the universe and the envy of 49 states... nah
          I just moved back to Hawaii from Cali, and am glad to be off the mainland. Cali has every down of living out here (expensive, traffic, expensive :P) but no local hotties.

Comment

glad to hear it went well for you!

Comment

Nice man! Congrats! What'd you say - it was my muffler missing, not my cat?
              - Sean Hayes

Comment

my car wasn't even horribly loud without the catback.theres plenty of civics around here that are much louder. im not sure nevada has loud exhaust rules. plenty of loud muscle cars every year that can shoot flames every hot august nights and they dont get pulled over.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW View Post
                  I just moved back to Hawaii from Cali, and am glad to be off the mainland. Cali has every down of living out here (expensive, traffic, expensive :P) but no local hotties.
                  What part of california were you in? Central valley? The islands aren't expensive? How much is your house worth, whats a gallon of feul or milk cost?
                  Last edited by ethree; 02-21-2008, 04:29 PM. Reason: pwned by teh spellcheck.

Comment

Working...
                  X