X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust ticket

I have stock exhaust manifold, stock cat, just no muffler

she gave me a 27156(b) - Air Pollution Control Device ticket

I obviously have my cat, cop didn't check for the cat, just said exhaust was too loud.

Here is a list of other vehicle codes

I'm thinking I could tell the judge "if anything I should've gotten a 27150" which is A LOT cheaper than a 27156

do I have a case here?

I pled not guilty and will be heard tomorrow.
    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

I think you have alot of pull in the case. You'd have to prove that a muffler is not an emmissions device, which is quite easy, if not common sense. If it's a noise ordinance, then that's one thing and seems to be an acceptable consequence for you not having a muffler installed. I would get a muffler on by a shop, have the shop validate that is has been installed professionally and proceed with your argument.

Hopefully all you'll have to pay for is the installation of the muffler and a small fine for noise ordinance.
    Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

seems like a good idea...just as long as you show proof that you have a cat, and NO muffler...

but damn you guys have some strict laws in Cali
      sigpic

Comment

You don't know the half of it.

Comment

Cali laws are bullshit. And the cops in most cities don't make it any better.
          Advanded Delphin Division
          My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

Comment

Don't live there if you don't like the BS....
            :: PNW Crew ::
            '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
              haha yeah right. its worth the BS not to wake up to the down pour of washington every morning!

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post

Ummmm..... NO. It's not JUST that easy to up and move because you don't like th fact that you can't pollute, nor own automatic assault weapons, large knives, strange/exotic animals, large quanities of explosives or fireworks in any/most of the state. Being as I'm biased as having lived in Southern California for my entire life save a few trips as far as New Mexico, and as of now I've come to know Southern California is the "Center of the Universe" and anywhere else I would move I would lose products/events/locations the "other 49" dream of moving/making it here, and I just AM here. So I'll take the BS to be in a great place.
                Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 02-19-2008, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                  Ummmm..... NO. It's not JUST that easy to up and move because you don't like th fact that you can't pollute, nor own automatic assault weapons, large knives, strange/exotic animals, large quanities of explosives or fireworks in any/most of the state. Being as I'm biased as having lived in Southern California for my entire life save a few trips as far as New Mexixo, and as of now I've come to know Southern California is the "Center of the Universe" and anywhere else I would move I would lose products/events/locations the "other 49" dream of moving/making it here, and I just AM here. So I'll take the BS to be in a great place.
                  +10^100
                  Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

I would take a lot of pictures and get some charts that show emissions and what the muffler actually does and explain the concept of the cat and what it does. I am guessing the Cop didnt know that much when she wrote you up. My dad has gotten 2 of those 1 for his bike and one for his truck.

Both were the same instance no mufflers and this is in washington. 1 ticket was for "modified" exhaust on his truck but there was no muffler and the other one on his bike was for "air pollution". He has a 1968 triumph i believe and does not have clearance for mufflers. He got both diffured and didnt get the tickets.

Another question, I am not sure how low the back is and how low the rear valance is but is there enough room for a descent muffler in the back, or do you just roll without it?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      Ummmm..... NO. It's not JUST that easy to up and move because you don't like th fact that you can't pollute, nor own automatic assault weapons, large knives, strange/exotic animals, large quanities of explosives or fireworks in any/most of the state. Being as I'm biased as having lived in Southern California for my entire life save a few trips as far as New Mexico, and as of now I've come to know Southern California is the "Center of the Universe" and anywhere else I would move I would lose products/events/locations the "other 49" dream of moving/making it here, and I just AM here. So I'll take the BS to be in a great place.

Well said.

I never thought that a lowley engineer like me making 60K a year can ever make it in socal. It's definitely a dream of mine, but I have no idea how I can ever make it out there (financially).
                      Recent Rebranding!!
                      Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                      E30 SM62/S62
                      E30 M60 V8
                      E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                      Instagram.com/garageaholic
                      Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by delfin View Post
                        Cali laws are bullshit. And the cops in most cities don't make it any better.
                        This is what I was referring too BTW. I will keep my clean air, low traffic, perfect summers and affordable housing any day. Thats just me I guess.
                        :: PNW Crew ::
                        '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

I got pulled over about a year ago for a noise violation ticket in oc. I took my car to a state referee and had them verify that my car was under the allowed range. it passed by half of a decibel. haha. so i would recommend that before getting a new muffler if that was included in the ticket. but as for the pollution, I have never heard of that happening. especially if the police officer didnt look under your car. id say get a lawyer if you know any

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                          Instagram:
                          https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                          LS Build Thread:
                          https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
                            Well said.

I never thought that a lowley engineer like me making 60K a year can ever make it in socal. It's definitely a dream of mine, but I have no idea how I can ever make it out there (financially).
                            That 60k turns into a lot more out here. Its crazy how much you make, when moving to different parts. For example, I made $8 in the valley like 6 years ago, to be a parts guy. Move out to the Coast... $14 to be a DRIVER of the parts. Then once I was a counterman it went up from there, obviously, and more at the dealership. So youd really be surprised. Id say go for it if thats what youd really want to do.
                            Originally posted by blunt
                            i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

there are lots of high paid lowly engineers out here. Maybe some broke ass ones too.

Comment

Working...
                              X