Po-po spotting/evading techniques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Po-po spotting/evading techniques

I do not condone speeding or illegal street racing...but I was thinking about this subject because my girlfriend was late to a final.

I was driving approximately 80-90 on the freeway and I was wondering if you guys had techniques for scoping.
    • My eyes are constantly on the rear-view mirror so I can look for the black and whites or at night, the telltale yellow markers on the inside of the headlights. Also make sure to look ahead for the ones that camp out.
    • I always try to stay right in front of a car, so even if it's an unnecessary lane change, i'll switch out and switch back to ensure the presence of a car between me and a possible cop.
    Short of that, I don't really have much else. The constant looking saved my butt today. I saw a squad car waaay back, entering the freeway and I immediately slowed down, but the mustang that was about 100 yards behind was not so lucky, and was promptly pulled over.

I feel like I'm going to get some flak...and speeding should never be acceptable because being late 10 minutes is better than being late forever.
    Oh well...share?
    1985 325e
    mods:
    Powerflex CABs
    MOMO Corse Exhaust
    euro bumpers with BBS front spoiler
    e36 m3 shifter
    uuc clutch stop

Just keep your eyes peeled. It's all you can do.

Don't make a mad dash between packs. If you get out in the open, stay in the center lane and drive 70mph. If you don't have a rabbit out ahead to flush out the lions, don't be the rabbit!
    Not that I care, of course.

Comment

I installed a retractable mini-gatling gun for the sunroof and bought the gf marksmanship courses.

Comment

look for moto cops hiding in the slow lanes
        dont sit in the fast lane unless you are passing someone

Comment

I'm usually the rabbit.
          I'll let you know how that works out next week.
          I have to go to Florida/Orlando for a funeral, so 500 miles on 95 is on the menu.

p.s. taking the x3.
          Slicktop City!

Comment

just use your damn lookin balls to spot them
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

If there close enough for you to see in your rearview, you're most likely fucked.

So you could just not speed. If you actually look at the amount of time saved, it isn't worth speeding. But then again I like cheap insurance.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I can spot a crown vic's headlights a mile away.

If anything these new "charger" headlights are more distinctive, so that's cool.

Comment

they got burbans and h3's too

Comment

i just slow down near freeway entrances and keep my eyes peeled.

Comment

I haven't seen any chargers on the road yet. Are the chargers going to replace all the crown vics?
                      1985 325e
                      mods:
                      Powerflex CABs
                      MOMO Corse Exhaust
                      euro bumpers with BBS front spoiler
                      e36 m3 shifter
                      uuc clutch stop

Comment

Shit, we've got a bunch of chargers around here. But in Baton Rouge it's mostly Chevy Malibu's.
                        My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrone30 View Post
                          they got burbans and h3's too
                          Those tahoes are soooo easy to spot.

I can even sense an unmarked car easily. One time a red cavalier was on my tail and something in my brain screamed "COP" and sure enough when I let him go by it was a WASP

Good thing too, because I usually like dusting shit like Cavaliers!

Comment

The cops have been buying used cars in my area and installing hidden lights. I can tell because the fogs are usually different, there are lights behind the grill, extra antennas, and I can see the signs of being either the dirt-cheap model or a Hemi with the low-level trim. Granted, none of this works on the highway. The only way to fix that is don't speed. So far, it has worked for me.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Up here we seem to have all dodge products an man we have ton of them, every time I make a run to the big town south of me a little bit, I see no less than 6 cops.
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                              X