Did you feel cheated @ Bimmerfest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you feel cheated @ Bimmerfest?

I only ask this question because one of our buddies paid $40 dollars parking to have his car judged and at the end, e30's didn't even get represented!!!

There wasn't even 1 award for the e30's or even the e21's unless I missed it; the ones I can recall are, 2002's got 2 awards and everything else went to the new body styles e46's and so forth., I saw plenty of nice cars out there, how about you?

I don't want to sound like I'm bitching but if that's the case, we should put together an e30Fest, we already have a //Mfest so why not our own!!!
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

We do... It is called the e30 picnic in WA.
    :: PNW Crew ::
    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Truth. Why do you think I'm not that broken up about missing Bimmerfest?

Comment

Bimmerfest = late model BMW gathering. There have been three generations of 3-series cars since the E30....by most folks standards we are considered old car enthusiasts.

If you want to see E30s, go to the E30 picnic in the PNW or attend SIG-Fest West to check out lots of E30 M3s.

Jon
        Rides...
        1991 325i - sold :(
        2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          Mr. Anderson, you being the administrator of this board, would it not be possible to pull some resources together and have something like this in the southwestern part of the country?, my 1st bimmerfest and it blew for me. overated, can't even say if I would be down next year, even the ricer have lots more vendor-booths and lots more women models prancing around :hitler:

Comment

Originally posted by lov-e30 View Post
            I only ask this question because one of our buddies paid $40 dollars parking to have his car judged and at the end, e30's didn't even get represented!!!

There wasn't even 1 award for the e30's or even the e21's unless I missed it; the ones I can recall are, 2002's got 2 awards and everything else went to the new body styles e46's and so forth., I saw plenty of nice cars out there, how about you?

I don't want to sound like I'm bitching but if that's the case, we should put together an e30Fest, we already have a //Mfest so why not our own!!!

It would of been nicer if I could of parked next to the other e30's but they were so disorganized that by 9:20, the police was just shoving cars anywhere.

But then again, so what. Pay the 20 bucks for coming in after 9 and then come in with a good attitude. So what to there being a lot of e46's and e90's. To me, they are cool cars as long as I'm not driving one.

Turner motosports guy came over to the e30 section, ireland was there and some other e30 vendors and that was cool enough. Driving an e30 doesn't give us the right to some seniority privileges and ricers should just be ignored from the start anways so whats the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by lov-e30 View Post
              Mr. Anderson, you being the administrator of this board, would it not be possible to pull some resources together and have something like this in the southwestern part of the country?, my 1st bimmerfest and it blew for me. overated, can't even say if I would be down next year, even the ricer have lots more vendor-booths and lots more women models prancing around :hitler:
              It's not really a "one-person" getting it organized kind of thing. This will be the 7th year of the E30 Picnic, and tons of guys from Cali are coming, even a few from Florida and parts east. Come up with some of them!

Comment

It's not really a "one-person" getting it organized kind of thing. This will be the 7th year of the E30 Picnic, and tons of guys from Cali are coming, even a few from Florida and parts east. Come up with some of them!
                I'll attempt to do so, but no promises., with a family and all it gets kind of hard planning without VACATION days left at work.

Comment

so is there a e30 pinic on the east coast?

Comment

well, maybe if you threw some cheese, crackers and sprite in your e30, drove to the park and...
                    Not that I care, of course.

Comment

I thought it was lame. I had to park next to an Acura. :(

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
                        We do... It is called the e30 picnic in WA.
                        Yup. QFT, and there is no judging there aside from concrete facts like furthest travelled, highest mileage, etc...which as far as I am concerned is a plus.

Probably because of just that and it's a bunch of wankers. The only redeeming factor about bfest is the community and just seeing and meeting friends. I couldn't give a shit about most of the new cars.

Originally posted by Coco Savage View Post
                        so is there a e30 pinic on the east coast?
                        no

Comment

Originally posted by Justin B View Post

no

Comment

The only thing that left me feeling cheated was that I didn't get to participate in the fun at the E30 trailer!! I walked over there hoping that I'd recognize someone, but I didn't know who anybody was, and they all looked so busy eating and having fun. Oh well. :(

I did meet DEV0 E30 and his digicamo car (which is awesome in person, by the way), and he didn't have a pen. Don't worry, some dude with a Civic loaned me his pen, then he walked into me while I was crouching, writing a note on a business card which I left in a really nice red E30 cabrio. If you are the owner of that cabrio, e-mail me, dangit!

Wow, this post is all over the place.
                            sigpic

Comment

Shoulda introduced yourself. There are several people that I know were there but didn't get around to meeting. Mostly because I was hanging out with people I already knew but was getting introduced to some new faces. Not all of those that I thought I wanted to be though. I had the brown cords and grey race m3 design shirt on. And a very burnt face :X

Comment

Working...
                              X