Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counterfeit MarkD (E.A.T.) chips

Hello E30 owners,

I just want to mention that an esteemed member has post in the For Sale section where he advertises genuine MarkD chips for sale. THESE ARE CLONES. Here is a link to the poist I made on another board: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64071

And here is the post on this board: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...26#post1156326

MarkD
    URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

For all you guys that lowball parts and buy strictly based on price, here's what's going to happen more and more:

It's also the reason that my MAF conversion chip has not been released - it's too good to not be cloned. Anyway, now I'll never release it.
    No new development for our cars. Brilliant, thanks all you copiers and cheapass buyers.
    1973 Bavaria

Comment

The e30 community really needs to support those that support the community back. The e30 enthusiast population is small enough that people buying knockoffs or copies are directly impacting the budgets and motivation of those who would be developing those products.

'88 325is
      VP UT of Austin Autoholics
      BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan325iC View Post
        The e30 community really needs to support those that support the community back. The e30 enthusiast population is small enough that people buying knockoffs or copies are directly impacting the budgets and motivation of those who would be developing those products.
        +1. we arnt saying that thier shouldnt be anything new on the market. just they shouldnt use some one else design. they should build thier own.

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

That's brutal.

I know all to well about having someone, in my case a major company, rip off my design a worked so hard to make.

I hope this all works out in the end for you Mark as it would be a shame to hinder development due someone pulling off an act of pure greed.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

For all of you who think piracy doesn't actually effect producers, here's proof otherwise.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Damn Mark that sucks. I loved the chip I got from you a lot.

Is there any way to weld ECUs so only way to get your MAF chip is to send you a core 173? It blows that slimy people ruin it for everyone else

Comment

Ahh so thats why there is no MAF conversion yet....

Well let us know if your able to encrypt the data on them, and can release it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkD View Post
                  Hello E30 owners,

I just want to mention that an esteemed member has post in the For Sale section where he advertises genuine MarkD chips for sale. THESE ARE CLONES. Here is a link to the poist I made on another board: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64071

And here is the post on this board: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...26#post1156326

MarkD

That sucks Mark. I hope no one buys from them.

Should people defrauding buyers & plagiarizing someone's work be allowed here?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

This is the kind of shit that's just not okay.

Mark, did you copyright your software?

Comment

yeah if you copyrighted it you could alot of money from them

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

is there no way to encrypt it so it cant be copied
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Q-ship View Post
                          For all you guys that lowball parts and buy strictly based on price, here's what's going to happen more and more:

No new development for our cars. Brilliant, thanks all you copiers and cheapass buyers.
                          I was one of the people that bought a chip from this seller, but I was under the impression I was buying a used, genuine chip from him. People buy used, genuine chips at a discount all the time with no issues-I have sold a few original chips myself.

Mark, I sent you an e-mail.
                          Eric Giles
                          '20 M2 CS
                          '04 M3
                          '11 X5 35D
                          '87 325is
                          '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
                            I was one of the people that bought a chip from this seller, but I was under the impression I was buying a used, genuine chip from him. People buy used, genuine chips at a discount all the time with no issues-I have sold a few original chips myself.

Mark, I sent you an e-mail.
                            No, I was speaking in a more global sense, it seems to be the way a lot of people look at parts. If you were genuinely misled, then it's a lot less clear. OTOH, buying a new chip assures you that it's genuine, and is not that much more. I think it's pretty well known that chips are easy to duplicate. If he had been selling "Dinan" chips, would your suspicions have been more aroused?

Regardless, this is in the open now-anyone buying a chip from this seller now has no more excuses.
                            1973 Bavaria

Comment

Mark (Brian too), I hope you reconsider the MAF chip/kit. I know you spent quite a bit of time in development, I am sure the M20 world would benefit greatly from it.

Bummer about the asshair selling rip off chips. No one has copied my sub boxes yet, and if someone can build them quicker/cheaper/easier than me, fly right the fuck at it.

Closing SOON!
                              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X