11-year old's theory of BMW engineering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11-year old's theory of BMW engineering

I had my 11-year-old son remove the trunk ballast from my '92 cabrio today. I helped him lift it out, but he did most of the other work. Anyway, he says that BMW put the weight there so that snobby "Bimmer" owners could take it out and feel like they out-smarted the stuffy German engineers.

Related: In reference to buying upgrades in SEGA GT for Xbox, the boy asked me what he should get first, exhaust or port/polish intake. I explained the E30 forum hierarchy of mods advised:

1. tires
    2. suspension
    3. interior
    4. engine

He said that sounded great, but he would trump the list with:

1. gas
    "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

haha cute. Does he want to do mine next?
    1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

SEGA GT? im the biggest little kid when it comes to console games. FORZA 2. that is the most realistic racing game since GranTurismo4 came out. Im sure you'll end up playing on your time off.

There's a thread somewhere that we posted our Forza custom rides. maybe it was on e30tech...

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
        haha cute. Does he want to do mine next?
        You don't want to negotiate with the little stinker, believe me. You'll take a beating.

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Comment

Originally posted by submwar View Post
          SEGA GT? im the biggest little kid when it comes to console games. FORZA 2. that is the most realistic racing game since GranTurismo4 came out. Im sure you'll end up playing on your time off.

There's a thread somewhere that we posted our Forza custom rides. maybe it was on e30tech...
          I have come close to buying a 360 a couple of times since an equivalent doesn't exist for PS3.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

3.interior
            4.engine

...wtf?

fuck those gay rules. I'll put a fucking holset on my shit and call it a day even if the shocks are blown the tires are bald and my dash is fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by submwar View Post

We got one for GT4 and Forza2

GT4,http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ighlight=forza

Forza2,http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ighlight=forza

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by Vagcycle View Post
                3.interior
                4.engine

...wtf?

fuck those gay rules. I'll put a fucking holset on my shit and call it a day even if the shocks are blown the tires are bald and my dash is fucked.
                which is why your car will end up in a tree, good luck with that
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

3.interior
                  4.engine

...wtf?

You sure showed him.
                  - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                  E36 325i sedan
                  E30 325i sedan
                  Volvo 945T

Comment

Comment

This thread is lol.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I might have to put some sand bags in the trunk during the wet winter months to keep the rear end in a straight line.
                        sigpic
                        1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                        Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                        Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
                          I might have to put some sand bags in the trunk during the wet winter months to keep the rear end in a straight line.
                          If I wanted the rear end in a straight line, I would have bought a Camry.

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Comment

1. Clears
                            2. LTW
                            3. Drop

Done.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

z31maniac; buck up and get the ps3. after about 2 yrs of playing online @ around $120 (60 per year) and assuming you dont get the red ring of death aka epic malfuction in the first 3 months, you would have been able to buy the ps3 which has free and unlimited internet gaming and a blue ray dvd player.
                              My feedback:
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
                              @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Working...
                              X