No announcement yet.

Cool Tools???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone recommend a "professional" tire pressure guage?

Comment

these are nice:
      digital
      SPS has been providing autocross track day racing race car numbers, graphics and more since 1984. We are the St. Louis Racing gear headquarters with a select of helmets, gloves, harnesses and more in stock

analog
      SPS has been providing autocross track day racing race car numbers, graphics and more since 1984. We are the St. Louis Racing gear headquarters with a select of helmets, gloves, harnesses and more in stock

I have the digital one, way better than the crap I had before. also has a relief valve for dropping pressure easier after your tires have warmed up.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

my cock ring, its actualy an a/c o-ring but im hung like a mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
          After rewiring the house this weekend...I would say the coolest tool in the world is a Milwaukee Hole Hawg and an 18" long, 1-inch diameter ship auger.

EDIT: Here's a bit of background on the Hole Hawg...
          I've seen guys literally smack themselves in the face with a Hole Hawg because the Auger caught a knot in the wood and spun the drill and their hand right into their face and almost knocked themselves out when working in tight spaces.

More commonly, it smashes your hand into the wall unless you are really alert and loosen your grip as soon as it binds.

One summer I was wiring a custom home, a McMansion with about 7000 sq. feet of floor space and drilling sets of 3 all thru out the house thru the 2x4s

It was about 100 degrees out all the time and even hotter inside, especially on the upper floors, so I was wearing shorts. The auger tends to get very hot and when carrying the Hole Hawg to the next room to be drilled, the user tends to carry it at their side as it is heavy. The result is that the hot auger rubs against your bare leg and leaves burns.

I had a bunch of little burn marks all over my calfs that summer from running the Hole Hawg and drilling thousands of holes and carrying it from one room to the next while wearing shorts.

I smashed my knuckles a few times but learned quickly to loosen my grip ASAP when it binds, but I knew better then to put my face near the damn thing, even in tight spaces as if it binded it would smack you in the jaw.

Everyone who has ever used a Hole Hawg for wiring a house has smashed their hands/knuckles or has gotten smacked in the face when it binds.

That thing probably puts out more torque then a lot of ricers.
          sigpic
          1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
          Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
          Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

I've got a few favs...

The Wonderbar

Milwaukee 18V 1/2" impact gun

El Cheapo Harborfreight brake caliper compressor tool kit

OTC 1532 2-ton 18" lift low-profile jack... Made in China, but OTC warrants it for life!
            - Sco

Keep Our City CLEAN & SAFE Do Your Part

Comment

This is rapidly becomming my best friend:

Ratchet, Air, Mini, Cushion Grip, 3/8" drive
              Stock#: FAR2505

I just bought it to replace my 20 year old one that weighed 300 pounds...

This litte bastard is great.

Comment

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, I love mine. It comes in handy for the odd rust delete and a bunch of other random tasks the E30 presents.
                Last edited by TDE30; 11-20-2008, 08:36 PM.
                - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                E36 325i sedan
                E30 325i sedan
                Volvo 945T

Comment

gator grip ratchet.. lol. Not so useful on the E30, but useful for life in general, especially on broken nuts.

And the shamwow. Life doesn't go on without it.
                  Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                  Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post

Bought one of those this weekend -- a Milwaukee. Destroyed it in less than 10 minutes.

Guess they aren't made for drilling a 1" spade bit through 3" of wood.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
                      I've seen guys literally smack themselves in the face with a Hole Hawg because the Auger caught a knot in the wood and spun the drill and their hand right into their face and almost knocked themselves out when working in tight spaces.

More commonly, it smashes your hand into the wall unless you are really alert and loosen your grip as soon as it binds.

One summer I was wiring a custom home, a McMansion with about 7000 sq. feet of floor space and drilling sets of 3 all thru out the house thru the 2x4s

It was about 100 degrees out all the time and even hotter inside, especially on the upper floors, so I was wearing shorts. The auger tends to get very hot and when carrying the Hole Hawg to the next room to be drilled, the user tends to carry it at their side as it is heavy. The result is that the hot auger rubs against your bare leg and leaves burns.

I had a bunch of little burn marks all over my calfs that summer from running the Hole Hawg and drilling thousands of holes and carrying it from one room to the next while wearing shorts.

I smashed my knuckles a few times but learned quickly to loosen my grip ASAP when it binds, but I knew better then to put my face near the damn thing, even in tight spaces as if it binded it would smack you in the jaw.

Everyone who has ever used a Hole Hawg for wiring a house has smashed their hands/knuckles or has gotten smacked in the face when it binds.

That thing probably puts out more torque then a lot of ricers.
                      I didn't get smashed once. Thank God. I was careful. I used it in HIGH gear most of the time -- low gear scares the fuck out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, I love mine. It comes in handy for the odd rust delete and a bunch of other random tasks the E30 presents.
                        I've had a Dremel for a few years. It's OK. Not the greatest tool in the world...

However, I just picked up a RotoZip this weekend. Holy shit. I went for the "top of the line" model with all the attachments for $149, and DAMN. The thing is an awesome tool. I'll be using this thing for all sorts of crap. Blows the Dremel out of the water.

Comment

Need to get an cordless impact. I do love my air impact

I wouldn`t trade for the world.

join the E30 Cabrio owners gruppe
                          click here for details

Comment

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                            You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Originally posted by tde30 View Post

surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet, i love mine. It comes in handy for the odd rust delete and a bunch of other random tasks the e30 presents.

+5

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
                                Bought one of those this weekend -- a Milwaukee. Destroyed it in less than 10 minutes.

Guess they aren't made for drilling a 1" spade bit through 3" of wood.
                                I kill 2 or 3 a year just shooting drywall screws into rear decks mounting 6X9's...can't even imagine trying to punch a 1" hole through 3" of anything...

Jst so you know, the one pictured is the HD version, about $65

Closing SOON!
                                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X