Is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me?

So, I've been facing a dilemma for the past week or two. It started when I went searching for body parts for my 1987 325i; I had just bought it from a guy who kept the mechanical parts working great but had the aesthetic touch of, oh say, a giraffe. As I went wandering the World Wide Web I started to become familiar with the lines and shape of the e30; the way the fenders just flared out near the wheel arches and the steep grade off the rear window. It was sporty but not aggressive; it's able to drink with the boys without worrying over its perfectly toned muscles. It's then when I started to notice a few things about the M3 that I found odd or out of proportion.

"No! Blasphemy!" I cried, but it was too late.

I've tried and tried and tried again, but It's of no use; the four doors, without the steroids and no…it just can't be...the diving boards?! It's all wrong all, so terribly terribly wrong, but it's just all so good! I don't care about the rest of the world and If I've loved wrong, then I don't want to be right!

Anyway...What are some of your opinions on my most odd selection? Am I crazy or are there fellow diving boards, four doors or other wise bashed body e30 lovers out there? I'll appreciate all comments; though please don't be rude...;)

First
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Cliffnotes: You prefer db 4 doors over M3's

amirite?
      Byron
      Leichtbau

Comment

i like the earlyones!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

4th
          seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

its all about late model coupes =D
            Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

and pot leafs.....

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Are you the only one that likes the stock 4 door DB looks over the M3's? Yeah, i'd say so.

I have seen a few m-tech cars that i prefer on the M3's looks, however.

Comment

9th
                  -Andy

Comment

Yes, I would respectfully disagree.
                    sigpic
                    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

One thing that we knows is, E30 M3 body > All
                      It's like the Jessica Alba of the 80's automobile.
                      1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Sounds like you should join DBD

But i gotta say, i like early models tailights and arches...

Not a huge fan of the boards though

And wouldnt take one over an M3

Comment

Originally posted by iwillhunt View Post
                          Are you the only one that likes the stock 4 door DB looks over the M3's? Yeah, i'd say so.

I have seen a few m-tech cars that i prefer on the M3's looks, however.
                          Yeah, I do think that the first M-Tech kit greatly improves the stock version. I just don't like the completely plastic bumpers. My perfect e30 would be a 4door older M-Tech with maybe 1-1.5 lowered suspension and the BBS cross spoke wheels with the extremely dark blue. What is that blue btw?

Comment

euro metals > plastic fo sho!

I feel your taste, that would be killer!

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by Dresden87 View Post
                              Yeah, I do think that the first M-Tech kit greatly improves the stock version. I just don't like the completely plastic bumpers. My perfect e30 would be a 4door older M-Tech with maybe 1-1.5 lowered suspension and the BBS cross spoke wheels with the extremely dark blue. What is that blue btw?
                              I dunno, i'm not a paint-code whore. But you are definitely not the typical r3vver. 1-1.5 inches on an early model is practically nothing. Mine's 2" front 1.5" rear and it looks 4x4 to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X