Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing Basket weaves (inspired by, WASHING YOUR CAR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washing Basket weaves (inspired by, WASHING YOUR CAR)

Is there any wheel cleaners or brushes that would make my life a shit load easier when washing the wheels? I use a rag and some purple power. Takes at least 25 minutes for each wheel. My back is already fucked up from being rear ended not more than a year ago so doing it really sucks.

I tried pressure washing them but it left a layer of crud on them still.

Any suggestions?

Meguiar's Wheel Brightener diluted 5:1 in a spray bottle and one of those round brushed for baby bottles.
    Buy some good pads that don't dust as much and keep your wheels in good shape.
    '96 328is
    '97 m3
    '04 zhp

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyG View Post
      Is there any wheel cleaners or brushes that would make my life a shit load easier when washing the wheels? I use a rag and some purple power. Takes at least 25 minutes for each wheel. My back is already fucked up from being rear ended not more than a year ago so doing it really sucks.
      Any suggestions?
      Something like Meguiar's A2Z wheel cleaner might work better, with a long-handled wheel brush.
      -OVULATOR (as named by jflip2002)

Past Cars: Schwarz 1990 325i-2 (crashed), Calypsorot 1991 325i-2 Sport (rear ended)
      Now: Blake-stitched mediocrity :(

Comment

What about waxing the wheels? Would that make cleaning any easier? I would gladly take the time to do that once and be able to just clean them quickly after that.
        Oh and thanks optimator for replying in a normal helpful fashion much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mless5 View Post
          Meguiar's Wheel Brightener diluted 5:1 in a spray bottle and one of those round brushed for baby bottles.
          Buy some good pads that don't dust as much and keep your wheels in good shape.
          From a quick google search that stuff seems to be quite potent. I think the brake pad idea is the best bet really. My wheels get dirty a week later after cleaning.

Comment

I use Du Pont Teflon wheel cleaner & wheel cleaning brush...never been happier.

Comment

I may just rattle can the wheels black... But they look so nice when they are clean I just can't do it.

Comment

I wax my wheels every time I wax the car. ~2-3 times a year. It makes cleaning them 10x easier. I use a couple generous coats of whatever wax I happen to be using on the car, but I do not see why some cheapo wax would not work fine.
                -Will

1987 325is, 1989 325i, 1997 318i
                Parts for Sale

Comment

Dust free pads and at a good price, the only way to go. Then when your tires are off you can clean them on a bench and be happy that they wont get break dust on them again!!!

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
                  1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
                    I use Du Pont Teflon wheel cleaner & wheel cleaning brush...never been happier.
                    I use the same, its super easy and quick. Probably a half hour for all 4.

Comment

I use castrol super clean and a real pressure washer. Spray super clean on all 4 wheels, wait 3 mins, power wash off.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

25 minutes per wheel?? I get my 16x8s clean in about 3 minutes per wheel with just a microfiber rag and my fingers.
                        '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

i use a kids size tooth brush the stuff like superclean will eat the coating

Comment

I use a rag with car soap, or dish soap for tough spots for the majority of the wheel. Q-tips for the small crevices.

91 318is

Comment

Aircraft stripper. Powdercoat.

/thread

Comment

Working...
                              X