Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing Basket weaves (inspired by, WASHING YOUR CAR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powdercoat is somehow impervious to becoming dirty?
    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Comment

my little trick is to use one of these and a sponge

Comment

Careful with those pressure washers - one little nick or chip in the paint and the pressurized water will remove a big chunk of paint if you are not careful.

As for dish soap, it will strip any wax or polish on your car.

Hot water shouldn't be used either as it can etch the paint.

Generally, it's best to use cool, non-pressurized water in the shade or out of direct sunlight.
          sigpic
          1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
          Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
          Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

I have 14 inch weaves in so so condition so Im not worried about etching and whatnot. I just can't stand brake dust. How are those pads do they stop good? I dunno if I could handle shitty breaking for less dust.

And I'd get those brake covers in a heartbeat if they were for 14's.

Comment

Spray on, wait 2 minutes, hose off. Don't even need to touch the wheels.

I have been using this stuff for 2+ years now with no bad results.
              Byron
              Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe View Post
                I use castrol super clean and a real pressure washer. Spray super clean on all 4 wheels, wait 3 mins, power wash off.
                that kind of shit eats paint though. Your wheels will turn to an ugly primer pretty soon, like my bottlecaps.

waxing them helps as does cleaning them every time you wash your car. the dirtier you let them get, the more of a pain in the ass they are to clean.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyG View Post
                  My back is already fucked up from being rear ended not more than a year ago so doing it really sucks.
                  Stay away from Blunt.
                  Originally posted by blunt
                  i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    that kind of shit eats paint though. Your wheels will turn to an ugly primer pretty soon, like my bottlecaps.

waxing them helps as does cleaning them every time you wash your car. the dirtier you let them get, the more of a pain in the ass they are to clean.
                    I've been using superclean to clean wheels for years, never had an issue unless I let it sit way too long.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Our guys in detail use the equivilent to super clean, but its diluted. They spray it on the wheels, let sit for a few minutes, and pressure wash off, like said. Works great. I use tide with bleach when I have wheels worth caring about.
                      Originally posted by blunt
                      i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

Hey I use Los Awesome from the Dollar Store. This stuff works. It is in a clear bottle with red written and yellow solution. Best dollar ever spent. Those sponge paint bushes would help if really bad. I just spray this stuff then go to car wash. WOW EVERYTIME.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                          Aircraft stripper. Powdercoat.

/thread
                          Aircraft stripper? As in that toxic ass stuff that I don't even want to open the lid on!?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

I hit the rims with a generous coating of simple green, hit the lips and centers with a good washmitt and the deep crystal soap. At this point the weaves are good and sudsy. Use the brush to get into all the crevices/spokes.

I use this technique on all e30s' with weaves I come across at work. I can completely clean all four rims in under 10 minutes.
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Your answer is right here :)

Speed Master Wheel Brush - Not sure if you'll like it? See what Mike Phillips has to say about itHERE! Clean all wheels with speed and precision! The Speed Master Wheel Brush is the most advanced wheel detailing brush today! Built for quick, ...

I've been using it and love it! Cheap and works great! You do need to do a little touch up if your wheels are really dirty, but it helps me a lot! My wheel cleaning time has at least reduced probably by half since I've used this sucker :)
                              sigpic

Comment

The pads are excellent better stopping then bmw and napa pads.

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
                                1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

Working...
                                X