Hyperdrive on Netflix and the apocalypse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agisthos View Post
    The girl in the pink E30 was actually doing very well until she had to go through the water. A mechanical problem, not her fault.

Same with the very first contestant in Episode 1. He lost over 1 minute time due to the water.
    It would've been interesting to see what she could've done...

Finished the show, and overall I was quite satisfied
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'm on episode 8 now. It has been entertaining to watch (mostly on mute) while working out in the gym.

Comment

It's sitting in my cue - was curious if anyone else watching it. From the initial look that they showed on Netflix, I was imagining it being like the first Race in FF2 or worse that terrible Speed Racer live action movie...
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          It's sitting in my cue - was curious if anyone else watching it. From the initial look that they showed on Netflix, I was imagining it being like the first Race in FF2 or worse that terrible Speed Racer live action movie...
          Queue.

Comment

I'm on episode 4 and that adding people each qualifier round is really confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Queue.
              Too many years working around mixing consoles. We always had "cue" for preview.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Cue-Button.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.1 KB ID:	9868981Click image for larger version

Name:	basic-dj-techniques-explained-beatmatching-cueing.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	9868982
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I was wondering when someone would post about this shit show. I watched the whole thing and thought it was really funny in a ironic way. Some of the cars are cool but nearly all are garbage. Most of the people in the show are social media "influencers" or rich kids. The E30 was cool but the one she raced wasn't her's. She was driving someones built drift car and hydro locked the turbo motor

For anyone who watched and hated the guy who hit the targets with his AMG GT's door may find this video entertaining, the guy spent like 200k to be in the show..... poser

Other TV Show Car Stories:MTV filmed my first rally - https://youtu.be/ooqiUX5e1jYCapturing Koenigsegg for Apex - https://youtu.be/UL0kn66QSe8Promoting Top G...

I had fun watching it in the same way a train wreck is entertaining.

10/10
                91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Do you ever see something and think, "how did this ever get approved?" This show is one of those things. Like, if the acting was bad or if it was too far along in the production process to cancel it, I'd understand The problem is that even the dialouge is cheesy.
                  Originally posted by Melon
                  Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Netflix will give anyone a show lately

Comment

I actually got around to watching the series a bit and chatted with some friends about. What I took away is that this was American Gladiator/Ninja for drifters. The cars seem to be built for the series just like you would any race series. Looking closer at the cars there’s not a lot of show queens there, they’re racecars with fancy wraps on them. With the exception of the one exotic, it’s no different then what you’d see in the paddock of any amateur race weekend (where cars get damaged/destroyed with regularity). The course is definitely set up for drift skills, hence why the older gentleman pinned as an SCCA champion failed miserably. The skills he had didn’t help him over rotate the car on the obstacles. That being said, I was impressed with the speed many of the better drivers carried in the course, particularly that last sprint to the finish, figuring that the car was still wet from the water tank (you can still see water leaking out of some of them coming down the stretch.) As for the e30, I’m guessing that they picked up that e30 here in the states and it’s an ex-SE30 or chump car. The car they show back in South Africa is set up fairly different and no cage or safety equipment. The cost to ship it from SA to the US would have outweighed just finding a used up shell here. The commentary was useless and I just learned to ignore them. Since one was the Uber hipster from that abortion Top Gear USA, it was easy enough for me to just mute his babble. I’ll probably watch the rest of the series and see WTH happens, because why not? It’s free entertainment.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

At long last viewed the primary scene and needed to watch the initial couple of minutes of the second... since E30 Don't pay attention to the show as well and it's alright

Comment

I found it to be entertaining 'junk food' for the brain. Oddly enough, this is the only car show my wife will watch with me. I think she actually watched a few episodes w/o me!
                          Last edited by Aleman; 10-09-2019, 11:36 AM.
                          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

If you have nothing else to watch and go into it without judgment and take it for face value only, its worth it. Just be prepared, the broadcast is extremely corny and the commentary is over the top. Its the car version of American Ninja Warrior.

They don't spend much time on the cars or builds, there's forced and cheesy drama/narratives/driver profiles, and some of the drivers are way out of their comfort zone in terms of both skill and chassis design. But there is an S85 powered 70's dodge charger, a turbo swapped M5X S13, an E28 M5, an E30 driven by a little girl from South Africa, and some really good driving and display of skills form a handful of drivers, especially in the later episodes.

Some of the obstacles they have the drivers complete are really cool and well designed, while some of them seem low effort, and the bridge is just dumb.

Comment

I mean its cheesy, but my wife and I enjoyed it for a pure entertainment value.
                              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                              X